primers for oily/combination skin


Primer is a staple in my makeup bag.  My skin (particularly my t-zone) is very oily so I use a primer to create a flawless finish and help my foundation to stay put throughout the day. Recently I've introduced two new primers into my routine to try and help combat the need for constant blotting.

Murad Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer is a tinted oil free, mattifying primer that controls oil. It creates a smooth finish and minimises pores and imperfections. As its tinted it can be used under foundation or on its own. It creates a flawless finish and my makeup stays put, although my t-zone still gets oily and I still need to blot. At £29 I do think its a little overpriced. There are a lot of cheaper primers on the market that may perform similar to this so I think I would try something else instead of repurchasing.

The Nip & Fab Shine Fix Mattifying Gel is a clear gel that reduces oil and helps to purify and deep clean pores to reduce blackheads. I use the primer on my t-zone and really find it helps to balance my skin. It does say it can be used throughout the day but I use it under foundation as I worry that it would remove my foundation if I used it over the top. For £9.95 I'm really impressed with this product. I don't need to blot as often and my foundation stays put all day. I'm not sold on the reducing blackheads claim. I really haven't noticed a difference in that area but as it reduces shine really well I'm pretty sure I will repurchase!

Do you use a primer? If so,what do you use?

6 comments

  1. I don't usually bother with a primer, now i'm thinking that maybe i should - these sound great! xx

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I'm looking for a good primer for my skin type that is oily too!
    At the moment I'm using Lumene matifying and retexturizing primer and it's the best I found so far, too bad it's so hard to find (it's from Finland) but maybe u can get it in the UK?
    I've heard the one from givenchy is also great !

    xx

    Flo


    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look on ebay for lumene - thanks for the reccomendation cc

      Delete
  3. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with primers but recently I've been using a Jemma Kidd one which came free with a magazine. It retails for £14 (I too have the Murads one and it is on the pricey side). The JK one is a clear gel and I've found it works really well at controlling the oil on my t-zone. I usually have to blot/powder a few times a day but this one means I only need to do that maybe once a day and does a good job of keeping my foundation in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun, I will look into the jemma kidd one xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo