Laura Mercier Primer

Laura Mercier Primer £28

Until I started reading beauty blogs, Primers always flew under my radar. Having oily skin, its essential for me to find base products that are going to last throughout the day.
Recently, I've been using the laura mercier primer under my foundation to try and battle my oily t-zone and keep my foundation lasting longer.
I got this primer as part of a set in the space nk sale. It was a super bargain at £12.50 (I'll review some of the other stuff in it soon!). I probably wouldn't have looked at it otherwise as it is on the expensive side. That being said, I do think Laura's products are good quality.
The primer has a creamy gel texture, reminiscent of some moisturisers. It feels very lightweight on the skin and leaves it looking healthy and radiant.  The oil control isn't perfect but its recommended for normal to combination skin which I would agree with. I still need to blot my t-zone but I haven't yet found anything that works amazingly well on keeping my skin oil free throughout the day.
The positives are that my foundation seems to hold up better on the rest of my face. My foundation looks smoother and my pores are minimised. For a higher end primer it works really well on skin that isn't overly oily. Overall, a nice treat product but not the best on the market for oily girls.

13 comments

  1. Great review. I try not to use gel based primers as they don't really do the trick for my oily skin. I would only use No7's Mattifying primer or MAC's primer depending on how much money I have. they are the best for oily skin types.

    www.fashionloveandlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to give no7 a try xx

      Delete
  2. Looking to purchase this as soon as my Porefessional runs out. I have combination skin so this sounds good for me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it would work well on combination skins xx

      Delete
  3. I really wish I'd got my hands on that set as I've been meaning to try some of Laura Mercier's products for a while! Silk Creme is also on my wishlist but maybe even this first as I'm desperately after a new primer. I've totally fallen out of love with Porefessional as I just find it suitable for an all over primer, but nothing else has really taken my fancy! I've got dry skin though, so I'm not sure how this would work for me...
    autumnleaves-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would work quite well on dry skin. Its feels very light and hydrating so I think it would be ok xx

      Delete
  4. i might give this a try, i get an oily tzone can you reccomend any good blotting papers?

    following you

    fashionistaface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only used paul and joe blotting papers but they are quite good and not too pricey either xx

      Delete
  5. I've always ummed and ahhed when it comes to primers, never really noticing a difference when I use them. However, I've heard so many good things about this primer that I feel like I need to try it!

    www.fashionandbeautyrelated.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen quite a few good reviews too xx

      Delete
  6. Actually, I love primers. I used them before I even started to wear foundation. I think primers in general are underrated, they can help/improve so many flaws, especially uneven skin texture (my main problem). The LM primer was not the best on my super dry skin but my friends with normal skin love this one :) / Claire

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just started using this primer and i'm really happy with it so far! My skin is on the dry side, I have found that it stops it going patchy on my cheeks- what a brilliant all rounder.
    Poppy @ lets drive far away x

    ReplyDelete
  8. For oil control I've been using a primer from the brand Black Up. Not something I'd usual buy, but it was a PR sample so I tried it out to see whether it lived up to its promises. And it really does! I'm featuring it on the blog soon, but I thought I'd already share as you've been on the lookout for something that works!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo