New Skincare: Shu Uemura, Monu, Nip and Fab!


Just before the new year I caught a really bad cold and was generally feeling run down. My skin started to look really dull so I decided to treat myself to some new skincare.
I bought the Shu Uemura gentle cleansing oil in gel in the Space NK sale (£12.00 but normal price is £24). The oil in gel purifies skin without stripping moisture to gently remove makeup and impurities. I use it as a regular cleanser rather than to remove makeup. I mix a little with warm water and splash over my face before rinsing. This has definitely become one of my favourite cleansers. It leaves my skin feeling softer, looking brighter and isn't harsh whatsoever. I will be repurchasing as I do think its worth the full price. I really enjoy using it.
I've also had a few blemishes recently. In my night skincare routine, Ive been using the Nip and Fab spot fix blemish gel (£9.95) after cleansing and moisturising. The clear gel acts quickly to reduce redness and contains salicylic acid and tea tree to purify. I've used a few spot treatments over the years and this is one of the better ones I've tried. I noticed that blemishes clear up quicker and that any redness and swelling is reduced.
Another product I purchased is the Monu warming aromatic mask. (£24.95). Aiming to renew and invigorate the skin, this mask contains beeswax and coconut oil to nourish the skin. The mask doesn't dry and has a lovely warming effect. It can be left on skin for 10 to 15 minutes before removing with sponge/cloth and a little warm water. I really enjoy using this mask as it feels really nice on and leaves my skin feeling super soft and looking clear and radiant.

Have you tried any of these products or brands?

22 comments

  1. i haven't tried any of these but i've heard great things about the shu uemura gentle cleansing oil-in-gel :-)

    http://vividiorquue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love buying new skincare, I've never tried any of these but the spot gel sounds fab xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love buying skincare too x

      Delete
  3. I have never tried any of these brands (own one from Monu from my most recent Glossybox), but they all look SO appealing. I would love to try that spot treatment by Nip & Fab. Sounds like a slight miracle worker!

    elliesvanitytable.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its really good for blemishes x

      Delete
  4. ooh i might try that spot treatment. Have you used the la roche posay effaclar duo? And if so, how would you say it compares to that?
    Lucia
    http://luciasloves.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried any la roche posay as yet but its on my to buy list x

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely intrigued by that nip and fab treatment! I love anything with salicylic acid x

    www.lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think salicylic acid can make a difference if you have oily/blemished skin x

      Delete
  6. I also got the shu cleanser in the sale, I really like it and shu in the whole. I'm planning on reviewing it soon. I got a sample of Mono in glossybox, I think my skin's a little to sensitive for it :( I havent tried Nip+Fab's spot treatment but I find their other products to be pretty good x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I quite like nip and fab products and they're not too pricey either x

      Delete
  7. that shu uemura oil sounds amazing, such a bargain! x

    http://www.thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know,I love getting bargains haha x

      Delete
  8. The mask sounds lovely, I might have to give it a go :)

    XO

    http://the-shelley-diaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definately like the look of the nip and fab. I just purchased the soap and glory spot fix, but if this doesn't work I will be trying this one next!
    Beeauty Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh didnt know soap and glory did a spot fix,might try it out sometime x

      Delete
  10. as a huge face mask fan, that one sounds amazing!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, RT brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh the Monu mask sounds amazing!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is a great mask x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo