Everyday Makeup!





I usually keep my makeup fairly basic for everyday wear. Unless its a special occasion or I'm going somewhere fancy. For my base I like the Nip and Fab shine fix to help keep my oily t-zone under control followed by one of my favourite foundations is Estee Lauder's double wear light. It gives the coverage I need (unless I'm having a really bad skin day then I'll opt for revlon colorstay) and stays put throughout the day. I usually apply with the real techniques stippling brush or buffing brush from the core collection which gives the perfect finish. Now and again I'll mix my foundation with MAC strobe cream (reviewed here) to give my complexion more of a glow and healthy radiance. To conceal, I love the collection lasting perfection concealer - it covers blemishes, redness and under eye circles!Finally I'll buff in a little rimmel stay matte powder to try and keep my base makeup lasting longer - I really rate this powder, its far better than the clear complexion version, which just doesn't control oil that well.

For cheeks, I've been using Illamasqua's naked rose blush (reviewed here) a lot recently. Its highly pigmented and long lasting. Its a matte blush so I find it perfect for day wear. For a flush of lip colour I'll add a little rose and co cherry kiss lip balm. My lips are on the drier side at this time of year so its great to use a product that will condition as well as adding a hint of colour.

For eyes, I really like using Maybellines brow pencil to define and shape my brows. I think it costs around £3 which is such a bargain. Its really creamy and the brush on the other end really helps. On my lids I always use Urban Decay's primer potion as its the only primer I've found that really works well. 
I recently bought the Urban Decay basics palette. UD shadows have awesome pigmentation and are worth every penny. This palette is fab for creating a subtle daytime look.



To finish, I use a touch of brown eyeliner - usually 17 eye pencil and a little mascara. I've been using a laura mercier full blown volume one but benefit bad gal is my all time favourite.

Have you tried any of these products?
What do you use to create an everyday look?

16 comments

  1. Lovely post :) I have the UD Basics palette too and it's literally the perfect palette to create everyday looks :) xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post :) this products are gorgeous!

    Love Char_Beyy xxx
    Check out my blog at - http://charbeyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't rate the Rimmel Stay Matte powder highly enough either. All other powders just do not control my oily t-zone, but this is a little miracle worker in a pot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep and its really cheap too x

      Delete
  4. Illamasqua's Naked Rose looks gorgeous, I'm a huge fan on matte blushes this one looks really nice and natural. The Stay Matte powder is one of my holy grail products now, if they ever discontinued it I'd be devastated lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous products, that blush looks beautiful :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stay matte powder:) x

    GIVEAWAY at www.thebeautymist.com
    Featuring. Urban Outfitters, Models Own & More.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really wanted to try the EL Doublewear Light but was worried how it would fair on oily skin! think I will give it a go now, thanks! :) x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it works really well on oily skin x

      Delete
  8. I love the UD naked basics palette- also use it everyday- and the UD eyeshadow primer potion, it's a holy grail product for me now!
    Great post!
    Rosy x
    http://www.rostinted.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes the ud primer is so good x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo