MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter




I'm not sure if I've mentioned my love for highlighters before. I love adding a glow to my skin that is hard to achieve otherwise. I'm always eyeing up new ones that catch my eye. When I saw the new undress your skin  shimmer highlighter I knew I would have to buy it. I liked the shade and the cute design (I get sucked in easy).
When it comes to makeup academy, I'm incredibly late on the bandwagon. I don't know, just none of their products have appealed to me before but for a £2 (soon to be £3) highlighter its a beauty bargain!

Is it any good?well I mentioned the swirly powder design but it looks familiar no?


Yep, it does have a resemblance to MAC'S extra dimension skinfinish but thats where the similarity ends. MAC's highlighter has a metallic sheen and more pigmentation than MUA's which is a luminescent pink shimmer. I think the MUA highlighter is one that will be particularly flattering on cooler skin tones. The powder itself is fairly soft and pigmented. I've worn this throughout the day and its quite subtle. No disco ball here! I get at least 8 hours wear though there is some fading by the end of the day. However for the price, its well worth buying if you're looking for a subtle highlighter that wont break the bank. Its available to buy online and in superdrug.

Have you tried any makeup academy products?

17 comments

  1. This looks so pretty! Will definitely have to try it out :) xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so stunning :D when i first saw it i was like 'it looks just like the MAC Holiday collection one' its a super dupe alert :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful. Im really getting back into highlighters again lately:)

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the packaging and the swatch look perfect. I'd love to try this xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want this! It's SO PRETTY! I'm a sucker for fancy product designs as well, but not only that the color is so nice! Oooh, why don't they sell this in America?!

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought this the other day as I am a big fan of highlitghters. When I swatched this in superdrug I knew it had to be mine - also my beloved no7 highlighter is on its last legs! :-( I am yet to use the MUA one though as I need to photograph it first! Blogger Problems!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely want to try it out, even it's just for the pretty swirls! xx

    www.charissarae.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been looking for this in my superdrug as it looks devine. thank you for the swatch, it has only concreted my desire for it some more :)

    charlieandthebeautyfactory.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am definitely going to test this out, really loving using highlighters at the moment!

    Em

    x

    Em’s Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to get this after my spending ban its so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks so nice! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks beautiful, and love cool tones so... Don't have this one, yet;-) but love MUA, you should really try some of there other products. I'm in <3 with there eyeshadow, singles and palettes,oh and the lipsticks. For£1 its sure worth a try!
    Check out my blog for swatches and looks
    www.Mamazelfdoen.Blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Highlighters never seem to show up on my tanned complexion so I think i'll be giving this a miss. Great review!! x

    www.justshazea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. definately want to try this, I have tried lots of MUA and am totaly in love with their makeup :)

    www.mysteriousbeautylover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice review. so need to get this baby!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have this and although I like it, I would love it to be slightly more pigmented and longer lasting. Although for my first ever highlighter it definitely isn't bad!
    Found your blog through the bbloggers chat last night and I love your blog!
    New follower :)
    beautysplash75.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo