New Maybelline The Lifter Foundation



Maybelline Instant Age Rewind The Lifter Foundation is a new release that I bought from Ebay *here*. It's actually the first Maybelline foundation that I've tried. I ordered ivory but got sent creamy beige, which is far too dark for my skin tone but I decided to test it out even though I look borderline oompa loompa!
The lifter foundation is a primer and foundation in one. Maybelline the lifter claims to instantly firm and lift skin whilst providing coverage.
The bottle has a pump to easily dispense the foundation. I like the 'swirly' packaging (I'm very fickle) even though stila and revlon have products with a similar concept.
The foundation itself is light coverage with a slightly dewy finish. I found it evened my skintone out to create a smooth base. Unfortunately my skin is way too oily for this foundation. After a few hours, my skin looked really shiny, even powder didn't help. Not one I will probably be using again as I prefer my foundation to stay   fairly matte.
I'm not sure when/if this is launching in the UK. I think its a foundation best suited to normal/dry skin tones who don't need a lot of coverage!

Have you tried any Maybelline foundations?

6 comments

  1. Such a shame because it looks great in the bottle:)! x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always too impressed when they have that swirly packaging x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep,it looks pretty x

      Delete
  3. love the swirlyness! sorry if you've been asked this 100 times but what's your favourite foundation for oilyish skin? :) x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like revlon colorstay and estee lauder double wear x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo