Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer



When it comes to eye primers, I've never had much success. The best one I've used is Urban Decay's Primer Potion bit its not perfect. I find it can make powder shadows look a little dry. My eyelids are oily so I need to use a primer otherwise any product wears off after a few hours!
The Rimmel exaggerate undercover primer is a fairly new product. Its great to see 'drugstore' brands making primers as there aren't many around. 
The primer is a pearlescent white cream that's lighter than UDPP. I'd say the consistency is similar to ELF's mineral primer (original) - not too watery but not too thick either. It takes a few minutes for the primer to dry. I prefer a primer to dry completely before I add shadow.
Does it work? I'm really on the fence! Under MAC paint pots it works really well but when I apply under powder shadow, the shadow ends up fading and wearing off after a few hours.
My eyelids are so oily though that I think this would work better on normal skin tones. I'll keep using this under paint pots but for powders I'll stick to Urban Decay.

The Rimmel shadow primer is currently £3.99 at boots.

Have you tried this or do you have any primers you would recommend?



24 comments

  1. To be honest now I've got the UDPP I won't be trying any other primers, it does the job perfectly!

    freshbeautyxox.blogspot.com | Shona x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep udpp is really good x

      Delete
  2. This is really good value, but it's a shame it doesn't work so well under normal shadows! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might work better on some people than others x

      Delete
  3. I have extremely oily eyelids too and find the same with UD primer potion. Now I know to stay clear of this x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the MUA primer, cheap but effective:) x

    GIVEAWAY at www.thebeautymist.com
    Featuring. Urban Outfitters, Models Own & More.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to give that one a go x

      Delete
  5. I haven't had much luck with primers either. I've tried Too Faced, MUA, MAC Paint Pots and recently Urban Decay's Primer Potion. None of which work, my eyeshadow still creases, fades and looks horrid after a few hours wear. I'm on the fence on whether to give this a go or not, my lids are quite oily xx

    http://leblogmaquillage.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats a shame, the elf one is quite good and cheap too x

      Delete
  6. Ahh, gutted - the main thing I would want this for is to wear under powder shadows. I washoping you'd say it was amazing, as I'd be happy to buy it, considering the bargainous price tag. Perhaps I'll give it a try anyway, as you never know.
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it might work better on other people, which is a shame because its so cheap haha x

      Delete
  7. this didn't work for me either, so disappointed cos I really wanted it to! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this anywhere but I tend to get oily lids so think I'll have to give it a miss!

    Chloe - Very Lovely Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no I dont think its one for us oily gals x

      Delete
  9. I've never tried this one. But I have to say I like the elf mineral primer under my shadows and even reach for it over my UD primer potion. But I am on the fence as to how much longer my shadows stay on with them. I have oily eyelids so creme eyeshadows I find work best on me
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like the elf one too and its super cheap x

      Delete
  10. Shame it didn't work very well, :) new follower x

    ide love it if you checked out my mac lipstick giveaway :) 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've actually found the Elf primer to be pretty good! I'm a bit lazy with eye primers sometimes though, if I'm honest with myself. I haven't tried this one, it's a shame it wasn't too great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might repurchase the elf one,I used it a while ago but its quite good x

      Delete
  12. I didnt know rimmel did eye primers!
    I'd love to try it.. I hope is better than elf primer cause i think it stinks :/

    x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which elf one did you try? x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo