Back to Basics: Eye Makeup Brushes!


Since I started blogging, I've invested in a few makeup brushes. I used to just slap it on with my fingers and hope for the best haha but now I've realised with a good brush, I can my makeup look flawless.
I'm a big fan of Sigma brushes - they're affordable and the quality is amazing. One of my favourite Sigma brushes is the E75 angled brow brush. I use this with smashboxs brow tech brunette powder and it makes my brows look natural and thicker. As the brush head is small and angled, I can get a precise application, especially at the arch of the brow.
For eyeshadow application, I really like using the E55 eye shading and E60 large shader brushes. The E60 is good for applying an all over lid colour whilst the E55 is small enough to use in the outer crease. The E70 medium angled shading brush is perfect for blending the crease colour or for highlighting/applying colour under the brow area.
My favourite liner brush ever is the E05 eye liner brush. It applies liner perfectly for even colour - its literally foolproof.
Another good blending brush is the MAC 217 blending brush. This brush is so soft, it blends shadow like a dream. It washes really well and doesn't shed. The sigma E25 blending brush is a good dupe but I think the MAC 217 is slightly softer.
The Real Techniques shading brush is an ideal brush for applying colour to the crease due to its small brush head. I haven't got around to buying the Real Techniques eye brush set yet but it looks good value and I've seen good reviews. 
I would definitely recommend all the above brushes. The MAC brush is more expensive than the others but the sigma and real techniques are good value for money. You can 10% off sigma with the code SAVE2013 on the sigma website  but I would also recommend beauty chamber if you're in the UK and don't want to worry about extra import fees.

11 comments

  1. Really a very helpful post zoe.

    Investing in good brushes makes a lot of difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of these brushes! I can't wait to start my more expensive brush collection! xo

    Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sigma brushes! Just got some new crown one but they are nowhere near as good so back to sigma i go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like fab brushes! I keep meaning to try out sigma :0

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh I really need to invest in some proper good brushes, these look like they'd be brill :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really really want some sigma brushes in my life, stalking the sight for the days when they do free international delivery lol

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was a little like you, didn't know the importance of a good make up brush until I got my hands on them. I use Real Techniques brushes and they are absolutely fantastic. I've not tried any Sigma or MAC brush but definitely think I'll splash out in the future.

    http://barbiesparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigma and RT are my favourites, they are so good! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely feeling the need to expand my eye makeup brush collection. I really don't have that many, so this is a great post to direct me a little! Thankyou!!

    elliesvanitytable.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Sigma Beauty.
    I recently ordered on beautyshopaholic.
    They have so many great things on Sale <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo