Max Factor Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick: Passionate Red



Hot on the heels of several other brand new products for spring comes Max Factor's Colour Elixir Giant Pen Sticks. Officially these aren't released until April but I did some super sleuthing and found mine on ebay  from this seller for £3.99 with free p&p. (they'll retail at £6.99)
I'm not sure why these are called giant because they're really not that big. They make it sound like a mammoth thing you have to carry in both arms haha. They remind me of a cross between clinique chubby sticks and urban decay's lip colour pencils.
Passionate red is a bold red that leans slightly frosty. Hands down, the pen stick is the creamiest lip product I've tried. Its extremely pigmented - you only need one swipe over the lips for opaque colour. The downside to that is that colour transfers really easily, more so than other lip products I use. You also need to sharpen these, which is a bit of a faff. It would be much easier if they twisted upwards. Packaging aside, the lip colour feels weightless and hydrating. My lips are on the dry side right now and this shade felt comfortable on.

There are six shades available - vibrant pink looks really pretty!


What do you think of these? Yay or nay?

20 comments

  1. I love the colour elixir lipsticks, so I'll definitely need to try this out! The ebay seller sounds great

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x


    ReplyDelete
  2. I swatched a few of these in Boots yesterday and was pretty tempted, so thanks for the cheap ebay link! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing on you!
    I don't think these are available in my country.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous colour. So trying these out!
    xx

    Naomii
    http://www.glitterbomb-makeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That colour looks gorgeous! Would love to give these a try :) xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw these instore and was intrigued.. I just wish the packaging was a little bit more special, like the rest of the Max Factor brand! So pigmented though! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Proper Christmas red! I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look extremely appealing - if a lip product can look appealing at all. :D Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I can't wait for them to launch in Germany.
    Lovely post! <3

    xx

    beckythewallflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought there was more than six, oops! I have the coral one and it's lush :) x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh - the pigmentation is great. What a pretty colour - I like how it looks glossy but not too much. I am excited to try a few of these
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look fab!
    Not heard of them until I read this!
    Hayley xx
    www.beautyrambles.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW that color looks amazing! I say YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow this looks gorgeous! I've got a voucher for Max Factor so I may purchase one of these.

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful colour! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look gorgeous! And so pigmented, will definitely be picking some up on payday :) xx

    www.xbellesbeautyblogx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh, this is amazing.. so pigmented and glossy:)
    x
    x
    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous23.4.13

    Got one, but how do you sharpen it? My cosmetic sharpener isn't big enough and I can't believe it could be so throw away.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo