Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation




Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation is the most recent addition to my makeup bag. I've had quite good luck with Revlon foundations in the past - colorstay is one of my all time favourites and one I repurchase continously so I wanted to see if the nearly naked foundation could live up to my high expectations. 
Nearly naked is a lightweight and blendable foundation - I purchased the shade ivory (the same I use in colorstay) which is a pretty much perfect match for my skin tone. I've been applying it with a sigma rounded kabuki brush, which buffs it in nicely and creates a flawless finish. 
The consistency of the foundation is thin, it evens out my skintone but extra concealer is needed on any blemishes or redness. I prefer lightweight foundations to heavy ones as I find heavier consistencies tend to break my skin out.
I was a little worried that the foundation might be too dewy for my combination/oily skin but the finish is a 'healthy glowing complexion' that looks bright and radiant. The only downside (apart from the bottle not having a pump) is that my t-zone gets quite shiny after a few hours so I do need to blot more than I would with a foundation such a colorstay. However, it didnt wear off like a lot of foundations or oxidise - my skin still looked fresh by the end of the day. 
I can see why a lot of people like this product - its affordable, creates a great base and feels weightless on the skin. Thumbs up from me!!


15 comments

  1. I've heard a lot of people rave saying they love this foundation but I think it will be too light coverage for me. It would be perfect in the summer though! xx

    www.charissarae.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! Been using it for a week and I have the same skin type as you. It's so radiant :)
    hareem x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was quite tempted by this but the lack of a pump put me right off. It seems like a step back in time! x

    Lola & Behold

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just bought this too, it feels so light on my skin. I think it will be perfect for summer :) x

    A Scholar Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I think I am going to purchase this - I love the whipped colorstay. Revlon is probably one of the only drugstore brands I trust for foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good review :) I swear by their colorstay foundation, but would love something a bit lighter for the summer, so maybe I'll give this one a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post, I might have to go buy this! I've been using a good old Rimmel Number for months now, need a change!

    lisatakespictures xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great, I love low coverage at the moment so this would definitely be worth trying!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh sounds great I might try it! xx

    leishaaxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just don't think it'll be good on my oily skin but it does look great:) x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I normally shy away from lighter coverage foundations but really crave that second skin flawless look. I have the driest skin ever so this foundation might be perfect. May just have to treat myself on pay day.

    http://barbiesparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup. Amazing foundation. I love it too. I am excited to see how it holds up in the summer once my skin gets a bittt oilier! elliesvanitytable.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really am tempted to try it, but the fact there is no pump, puts me off so much :(

    A little bit Unique

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this too... I'm so impressed. But I'm ordering a pump from ebay as it drives me mad pouring it out all the time xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that it's reasonably light coverage. I used to use heavy coverage to even out my skin, but i get better results using concealer on problem areas and lighter foundation :)

    Love Zoe x
    www.facevaluebeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo