7 Beauty Sins!


I don't know if there are any 'rules' when it comes to beauty but we are often told certain things that we are supposed to do or not do. I'm guilty of certain things so I thought I'd give this tag a go. Here are seven of my beauty sins!

1.Baby wipes
I know baby wipes are meant to be bad for the skin - they can dry out the skin and don't remove makeup properly but I still use them (although not as much as I used to). Maybe its because I'm quite lazy at night. When you're tired and just want to get to bed, a skincare routine is the last thing on my mind!

2. Visiting a hair salon
I hate going to the hairdressers, I don't know why I just do. I can just about manage getting my hair cut once a year - getting a trim every 6 weeks is never going to happen unless its a diy job.

3. Cleaning make up brushes
I will be very honest and say that I don't clean my makeup brushes every week, which may sound quite bad. I do deep clean them every 2-3 weeks but its such a chore!

4. Overplucking eyebrows
oooh now this one I'm very guilty of. When I was younger I had no clue how to shape my brows (even now I'm pretty clueless) but yes there have been many times in my younger days when I sported half an eyebrow!very sexy!

5. Dyeing mishaps
This is why I should force myself to the hairdressers because damn I've had some hair dye horrors. miss matched hair, Yep!a shade that looks brighter than the sun, Check!You name it, its probably happened.

6. Dodgy makeup looks
When I first started experimenting with makeup, youtube and blogs were just a pipe dream (this makes me sound soo ancient!). I had no idea what to do with makeup so I just slapped it on which resulted in orange foundation (cue people at school asking if I'd been on holiday. My friend - "no its just her foundation"), 80's style blue eyeshadow and facial glitter thrown everywhere.

7. Shell suits
ok this isn't really a beauty sin as such but my god shell suits were horrendous. If you don't remember them then you're very lucky. Luckily for me, I had a lovely lilac number, thanks mum! Please fashion gods don't let this become a trend ever again!

Let me know if you give this tag a go!I would love to read your beauty sins!


Bloglovin |  Facebook  |  Twitter

9 comments

  1. I'm the same when it comes to make up wipes. I know I shouldn't use them but I get sooo lazy and tired in the evenings and sometimes the proper 'cleansing routine' goes out the window haha!
    I'm a new follower by the way - found you from Gemma's advertiser's post!
    xxx

    www.sarah-nunn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, will check out your blog xx

      Delete
  2. Ah, all such good picks! I think out of that list, I'm most guilty of the hair salon. I barely go to the hairdressers, I seem to avoid it at all costs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - I had a shell suit too. And the pictures to prove it :-( Mine was deeper purple with some colour bits. They weren't even comfortable to wear - the only clothing that should rustle when you wear them are ski trousers!

    lol - although just seen a brilliant post on blue eyeshadow - check it out http://www.thebeautymilk.com/2013/05/periwinkle-eyes-ft-rimmel-and-inglot.html?showComment=1369932619643#c4261836675959783631

    Think I'm a bit too old to carry it off :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blue shadow looks great when it applied right but I'm a bit rubbish at it haha xx

      Delete
  4. Hahaha I'm the same with the salon! I have a phobia of the hairdressers after a reaaaaaally bad experience previously! So now I cut my own hair, after watching loads of different how-to video's on YouTube.. I do quite a good job now haha :D xxxx

    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading that other 'beauty' people have bad habits like me too. I am a sucker for baby wipes, they are so easy and quick, and also do the job well enough!

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guilty of 1, 2 and 3! I think I can get off with number 2 though as my sister is trained and cuts my hair :P Scottish Wendy | Wendy's World xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is soooo funny! I love spending endless hours at the hair salon! I once spent almost 6 hours there! and I love washing my brushes because they smell good afterwords! I am only guilty of number 5, once though, never again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo