Beauty on a budget!


Whilst its nice to splash out now and again, I'm also a firm believer that you don't need to spend lots of money to find good products. I love looking for a bargain whether its online or in store. Here's a few products that deserve some love!
The Eco tools bronzing brush (from ebay here) is a great brush for powder or body bronzing. I think its slightly too big to be used for blush or bronzer but its really soft and washes well. Buying from ebay I'm not 100% sure if its genuine but its a good quality brush for the price and one worth buying.
Collection illuminating touch brightening concealer (amazon) is a recent beauty buy of mine. I suffer from under eye dark circles so I need a concealer that will brighten and give decent coverage and this concealer does both. I'm not a fan of the brush as its not very soft so its best to apply with fingers or a blending brush. I also find adding a bit of eye cream beforehand helps to prevent concealer looking dry or cakey.
For eyebrows, Maybelline master brow pencil (superdrug)has become a staple in my make up bag and would probably be more hyped up if it was available in more shades. Lukcily, the brown shade is perfect for my brows and keeps the in shape and looking natural.As its a wax formula, its very creamy and I like that you get a brush on the other end as it makes it easier to get that natural look.
One of my missions this summer is to get a firmer, toned body (Yeah, I say this after wolfing down a toffee crisp!) so I picked up Cyclax anti-cellulite and firming body gel (amazon). I'm not familiar with this brand but it was super cheap so I figured it was worth a try. I've not been using this long but my legs feel smoother and softer. The smell isnt great - its a citrus fruity scent that lingers but if you can get past that then its not a bad little buy!
One thing I always need is blotting powder (thank you oily skin). One of best ones on the market is the Rimmel stay matte powder (here). It does a decent job of controlling oil without that caked on look and lasts ages. It not the easiest thing for carrying in your bag as theres no mirror or powder puff but still worth buying for anyone with combination/oily skin.
One of my favourite nail brands is Essie which are just £1.99 at fragrance direct. Another cheap buy on there are the Rimmel kate moss lipsticks (here). These are well worth £1.99 - easy to wear, none drying and good pigmentation.

Have you tried any of these? I would love to know your best budget buys?



Bloglovin |  Facebook  |  Twitter

6 comments

  1. Great picks! I agree with them all. The Eco Tools brush is brilliant. So soft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great items, i love the essie polish!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win asos, topshop or space nk vouchers + a goodie bag! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding a good quality bargain! I keep meaning to pick up the eyebrow pencil. My must have bargains are Avon Nail Polish and the MUA blushes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Essie nail polishes x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Rimmel Stay Matte powder!
    xx

    Naomii
    www.glitterbomb-makeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo