May Favourites


I say this every month but time is flying so fast. It doesn't seem that long ago since it was new year. Somehow its almost the end of another month and I've picked out a few products I've been enjoying using.
After not being too keen on the Rimmel undercover eye primer I've reintroduced it into my routine. It doesn't work for me with powder shadows but under cream shadows it helps to keep my shadow in place all day. My most used eyeshadow recently has to be Burberry pale barley (swatched here). This shadow is easily the most pigmented and softest I've tried. I'm also a bit of a sucker for the packaging.
Blush wise I'm loving Illamasqua lover - a soft matte apricot. So far I've loved everything I've bought from Illamasqua and lover is no different. Its a very flattering shade that is extremely pigmented and long wearing. I've just picked up hussy which is a gorgeous shade too.
I mentioned The body shop honey bronze bronzing powder in this post and its a product I've been pretty much every day. It looks really natural and doesn't pull orange like a lot of bronzers do. For nails and lips I'm enjoying a double whammy of red tones. MAC Ablaze lipstick (reviewed here) is limited edition and a lovely red shade with slight orange tones. I don't own anything else like this shade so its nice to have in my makeup bag and even if I don't feel like wearing eye makeup I can put this on and it brightens my whole look. The China Glaze shade I'm currently rocking is make some noise - a bright orange coral. I like china glaze polishes on the whole as they're generally a good formula and not too expensive. You can also get them in UK now from beauty bay etc.
Whenever I get a few blemishes I always turn to Nip and Fab's spot fix as the gel formula feels light, without drying the skin out. This stuff really helps to reduce the redness and clear up blemishes quickly. One final product I need to mention this month is Real techniques eyeshadow brush which is one of my favourite eye brushes. Its small enough to apply colour to the crease as well as applying shadow to the lid. The brush is super soft and washes well. Its well worth buying!

What are your favourites this month?


Bloglovin |  Facebook  |  Twitter

17 comments

  1. Great products! I've just bought my first Illamasqua blush and I am loving it so far. Definitely tempting to get more. Their products are amazing!

    elliesvanitytable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of that body shop bronzing powder, looks amazing, defiantly gonna buy this next month xoxox

    holly xoxo

    http://hollysbeautyobsessions.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree will definitely have to get this x

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've ever tried any of these products - not a good sign for my purse!
    That Illamasqua blush is so pretty, so it's definitely going on my wishlist.

    Becca
    http://www.beccasfashionandlife.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lover has got to be one of my favorite blushes xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Illamasqua blush looks so gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your favorites! I've never seen the Rimmel eye primer before-will have to keep an eye out for it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That MAC lipstick looks like a fun color! Also, thank you for reminding me, after reading your review on it I meant to go pick up the Body Shop bronzer and now it's tippy top of my list! :) Fantastic favorites!

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Mac lipstick looks great! I'm going to read the review right now! xx Rena
    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to jump on the real techniques band wagon!
    Alana xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love china glaze nail varnishes i have a few now i was so surprised by how good they are :)

    laurabellablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pale Barley is probably one of my all time favourite eyeshadows ;) It's one of the only ones I've ever hit pan on!

    Rachel//www.twentysomethingbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you've chosen for your favourites :) I really like Illamasqua blushers, they're so pretty. I also really love the look of the Body Shop Bronzer. I think I might give it a go next time I see a sale on again :) xx (did you get my emails lovely?)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post and products lovely! The Illamasqua blush looks SO beautiful, I should go swatch it! I'm loving Illamasqua blushes atm! :) The MAC lipstick also seems fab! <3

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh I really want to try the body shop bronzer, I mean to pick one up every year but I always forget. I need to have a good look around the body shop soon, I haven't been in ages!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the look of the illamasqua blusher! I have a creme blush and it's great, it goes on so easily! Definitely worth the money x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo