New In: Haircare


Until starting a blog, I never paid much attention to hair products. I have really thick hair with oily roots and dry ends. When I was younger, I used to colour my hair a lot - bleach and using straighteners every day took its toll. I grew my hair out a few years ago and had it cut shorter, so its in much better condition these days. I now use more hair products but they have really helped to make a difference to the condition of my hair.
Here are a few recent additions to my haircare routine:

1. Schwarzkopf gliss hair repair ultimate volume shampoo - I spotted this in bodycare for 99p and love it. I cant believe a cheap shampoo is so good. It doesn't really do much for volume if I'm honest but it cleanses my hair, leaving it looking clean and healthy. It also doesn't make my roots look oilier, which is a problem I have with a lot of shampoos. I still wash my hair every other day but this is definitely one of the best shampoos I've used for oily hair and I've used most of them!I'm definitely going to stock up on this one.

2. Timotei pure 2in1 normal to greasy hair shampoo - This is another 99p steal from bodycare but I have spotted this range in pound shops too. First of all this range is not as natural as it seems. It is paraben, silicone and colorant free but it contains SLS (this article explains more about sls) . I'm not too clued up on natural products but I know Sodium Lauryl Sulfate isn't considered a 'pure' ingredient. That being said, I prefer this 2 in 1 version of the shampoo to the original - it has conditioning benefits which my hair feel soft, smooth and clean.

3. TIGI S Factor smoothing lusterizer is a smoothing cream that's perfect for thick and frizzy hair. It smells like strawberries and cream so it makes my hair smell amazing as well as looking smoother. The cream can be used before or after styling and has a subtle shimmer in it to reflect light, making hair look shiny. I find I only need to use a small amount on the ends of my hair as using too much can make it look oily.

4. Sebastian professional shaper fierce hairspray - c/o The Hut. Although this has your typical hairspray smell, its lightweight, doesn't feel sticky and holds well. I don't usually use a lot of hairsprays but I like that this one doesn't give your hair that 'crispy' feeling that many sprays do.

5. Vo5 smoothly does it tame and shine spray - When I do use straighteners or a curling wand, I use this as a heat protection spray which works a treat!It contains heat defence properties so it can be used before styling or after. Its lightweight and makes hair look shiny. I bough this when it was on offer at Tesco and I'm definitely thinking about buying a few more products from the range.

6. TIGI hair reborn smoothing texture refine masque* is a product used in salons and designed to provide an intensive treatment to smooth frizz prone hair. I've been using this once a week after shampooing and usually leave in for 10 minutes. It leaves my hair looking silky smooth and feeling nourished.

Have you tried any of these or are there any products you would recommend?



   Bloglovin |  Facebook  |  Twitter

1 comment

  1. I basically have the same problems with my hair - the roots tend to be a bit greasy while the ends are dry. The Schwarzkopf shampoo looks lovely and it's even available here in Germany. I think I will give this a go some time. :)

    Lovely post! xx

    beckythewallflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo