Rave Review: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder


Hi Everyone! I havent blogged much over the last week due to feeling a bit meh but I'm now ready to get my blogging mojo back and I'm starting with a review of product I cant get enough of. 
I picked up The Body Shop honey bronze bronzing powder after seeing a few blog posts on the new range.  The honeycomb design of the powder drew me in and I liked that its not too pricey. It retails for £13 for 10g but I managed to track it down on ebay for £6 including delivery.

The honey bronze bronzing powder is a matte finish bronzer - I prefer matte bronzers as my skin is fairly oily and I think shimmer powders tend to make my skin look greasy after a few hours. 
The powder comes in four shades - I have light (the lightest one you can buy) but theres also fair, medium and dark so there should be something to suit the majority of skin tones.
The compact is really sturdy and has a mirror inside, which is handy for touch ups during the day. The powder itself feels really soft, not too powdery and is pigmented, whilst looking incredibly natural. It can be built up easily to give an extra sunkissed look but on my super pale skin I just like to lightly sweep over my face with a sonia kashuk highlighting brush which I bought here  (I'm not sure if this brush is genuine but it feels really soft and doesn't shed so I'm happy with it.)



I've built up the powder in the swatch but it looks really natural on the skin to give a healthy colour.

How I apply

I'm no make up artist but I find this method works for me;


I sweep my bronzer across the forehead, down my nose and across my chin - its almost a 'Z' shape. This is where your face naturally catches the sun, so I find it looks more natural, rather than just sweeping all over.
I'm really impressed with the honey bronze powder, so much so that its become an everyday product for me and I never thought I would say that about a bronzer. It makes my skin look healthier in a kind of 'lit from within' way and doesnt look muddy or orange.
 For a shimmer bronzer, the body shop brush on bronze or shimmer waves are a good bet. Theres currently 40% off online with code HONEY  and free delivery over £5.

Have you tried any body shop bronzers?


Bloglovin |  Facebook  |  Twitter

12 comments

  1. this looks so lovely, i've been on the hunt for a good bronzer for a while now so I might just get this!

    x x

    dippywrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m after a new bronzer and this looks perfect – natural and pretty. I must go into the body shop more often as I've always wanted to check out their makeup range. Great tip about applying it too! :) xx

    Helen @
    http://helensfashionblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried a bronzer because being so pale I'm scared I'll make a mess of it and will look ridiculous but this looks lovely and isn't a scary dark colour like many appear to be. I love the honeycomb pattern as well and the packaging kind of makes me think about being on holiday.

    Becky from thelittleblogofbeauty.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always on the hunt for a good bronzer, may have to pop to my local Body Shop and take a look at it x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this looks like such an amazing shade for a bronzer, especially for paleys :D it doesn't look at all scary does it? I love the design of the powder too, so cute xx

    Gemma | ♥ MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have recently been feeling the need to add a bronzer into my makeup routine (must be the warmer weather), but have such a hard time with it because I am so pale. This looks like a great option! I like the idea of "lit from within"...bronzers always look a bit muddy on me!

    elliesvanitytable.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh thanks for the Z tip! Will be tryin :)

    prettylittleus

    Kate
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have yet to try Body Shop's beauty products but this may have to be my first! Great review hun :)

    Alannah | www.keddiescloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this bronzer, I think its great for contouring and adding a little something extra to your complexion!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried any The Body Shop cosmetics... ever. The bronzer seems lovely though - my fave is Laura Mercier! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, perfect I've been looking for a good-quality bronzer for my paler skin that doesn't cost too much. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never use bronzer because I'm so pale that it just looks like I've got dirt on my face. :L I'm definitely gonna try this though. I think you've saved me! :)

    justvenaagain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo