5 Minute Face: Minimal Makeup!


Today I thought I'd give a mention to some of my tried and tested products that I use when I'm in a super rush. If I oversleep or generally don't have much time to get ready I know I can use these, apply them really quickly knowing I'm not going to look a total mess - trust me I've been there!

The key for me is to use products that don't require a lot of work to apply. A base such as Revlon Nearly Naked foundation, blends really easily and can be applied with fingers as its very light. For any blemishes or under the eye, I use Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, which doesn't need a huge introduction as its pretty hyped up amongst the beauty blogging world. I like to use a concealer brush to apply and buff into the skin but its not a heavy consistency so I find it doesn't require a lot of work to look natural. I always use powder to set my makeup and to control my oily t-zone. Rimmel Stay Matte is my current go to powder - it helps my makeup to last longer, doesn't look cakey and is really cheap to buy.

For my eyebrows, I prefer powder but if I'm in a rush, I'll use Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil in soft brown. Its a wax formula so its very creamy and not only fills in the brow but keeps them in shape. There is a brush at the other end of the pencil so if you make a mistake you can just brush it out. My favourite mascara at the moment is Laura Mercier Lash Building Volume Mascara as it looks really natural and doesn't require many coats to lengthen and add volume. I love the it lasts all day without smudging or flaking so its definitely worth splashing out on in my eyes. 

I always need a bit of blush as I'm so pale and look ill without a bit of colour on my cheeks. Bourjois Blush in Healthy Mix is a shade that flatter my skin tone and makes my complexion look better. I don't think the pigmentation all that. You need to scrape the top of the blush in order to get better pigmentation which is such a faff but I can get away with applying it lightly and sweeping it over my cheeks to build up a bit of colour.  

For a natural daytime look, I prefer a bit of gloss on my lips, such as Loreal Glamshine Stain Splash. It adds a hint of colour and is on the watery side so it feels hydrating and comfortable to wear. 

I can usually apply my natural makeup in around five minutes but if I have slightly more time, I will add a cream shadow, such as a MAC paint pot or Benefit creaseless cream to give a wash of colour over the lids. These two products usually last all day too but if I need a primer then I'm really liking Rimmel's shadow primer.


10 comments

  1. i've never even considered buying a collection 2000 concealer! you've made me want to now though haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the makeup! I completely agree and think that all of these products are trusted and easy to use. I especially love using that same combo of the Revlon foundation and Collection concealer. Easy to blend and always looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely look! I've been considering getting the Revlon Naked Foundation & Rimmel Stay Matte powder, can't wait to now! Would love if you checked out my blog :)

    inamakeupminute.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have the same shade in that LOreal stain - it's such a perfect natural lip color

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Master Shape Brow Pencil is perfect for when you're in a rush! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I love those blushers too! I might have to try the brow pencil! Xx

    gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this post, there's a few things there I want to try, mainly the Revlon Naked foundation and the Loreal Glam shine stain thingys :)

    Paula ♥ | http://www.la-vida-fresa.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really want to try that cream blush x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Bourjois blush and Collection 2000 concealers are products I NEED to try! Bravo for figuring out a way to do your brows in a rush!

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo