A Toning Duo: Mario Badescu & Serozinc!

mario badescu glycolic acid toner 
la roche-posay serozinc

I've become a little obsessed with skincare lately. I think if your skin looks good it gives you that extra bit of confidence as you can get away with less makeup and it tends to sit better.
I've heard a lot about exfoliating toners so decided to invest in the Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner. It contains 2% glycolic acid and no alcohol, aiming to brighten and improve congested skin. I use the glycolic acid toner 2/3 times a week. It does say you can use twice a day but personally I would find that too much for this type of product. I use it after removing make up and cleansing, applying a little to a cotton wool pad and sweeping over my entire face. After application, it makes my skin feel really tingly so I follow with La roche-posay Serozinc to calm and soothe.
Serozinc is a zinc sulfate solution, suitable for oily problem skin due to its astringent properties. Serozinc isn't available in the UK - I bought mine from a Belgium based website called farmaline but my order arrived in 3 days which is pretty speedy.
La roche-posay Serozinc is an aerosol type can. I spritz it on a cotton pad and apply, rather than spraying it on my face. Serozinc feels light and refreshing. It helps to clear up and reduce the redness of any blemishes, though I'm finding my skin is much more clearer since using this duo.
Since I've introduced this duo into my skincare routine, my skin is much more radiant, smoother and my pores are starting to look better. Two products I would repurchase without hesitation!


Bloglovin |  Twitter

5 comments

  1. Love an occasional dose of glycolic acid! Helps clear me right up.

    Nicky
    zeeblikesit.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dying to try the Serozinc, my family are coming home from France soon hopefully with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the serozinc too! I buy mine from a uk seller though (link on my blog) as a blogger got a £30 customs charge from buying from a french site, so be careful! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that's good to know about the Serozinc - I've been wanting to get my hands on some for ages now but had thought it would involve actually going to France to get some, ha. 3 days is really fast too, will have to give that site a try.
    I am loving exfoliating toners at the moment and have found that the Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Brightening Toner has worked wonders for me - my skintone is more even and blemishes are kept to a minimum, as well as leaving me with really soft skin. I don't know what's not to like, really, and I only wish I'd given them a go sooner.
    I also use the Elemental Herbology Facial Glow Radiance Peel mask once or twice a week, which also has AHAs in it - great for an extra boost.
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm now making it my mission to track down a bottle of serozinc now, I wish it were readily available here!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo