NYX Betty Black Gel Liner/Smudger and Rust Eyeshadow


Recently I was asked by NYX UK if I would like to be their blogger of the month for June. Naturally I said yes! (I'm still in awe & feel very grateful) and received four products which I'm splitting into a two part review. First up are the gel liner/smudger in betty (black) and eyeshadow in rust.


The gel liner/smudger in Betty* is a true black shade. It comes boxed in a little glass pot with a screw top lid and can be used a regular liner or smudged out for a sexy smokey eye look. I prefer gel liners to pencils/pens as I find them easier to apply and blend. Betty has a great consistency - its creamy enough to apply without dragging on the eyelid. I apply gel liner with a pointed liner brush as it seems to work better for me, I don't always have the steadiest hand but this method is literary foolproof. The NYX liner stays put all day until I remove it  - it does dry fairly quickly to if you're smudging it out you do need to work quite quickly but as a regular liner its perfect as you can create a perfect neat line without worrying about it looking messy. For £8, I do think its as good as higher end brands and far better than other high street/drug store gel liners I've tried. There are five shades - I'm going to order the teal version (danielle) as it looks really pretty.

The single eyeshadow in Rust* is a frosty brick red/wine shade that is really pigmented and soft to touch. I've  heard a few people say that this might be a good dupe for MAC cranberry but I think rust may have less pink tones. NYX Rust is easy to blend and long wearing - I've been wearing this with neutral shadows and it looks stunning. I like to use it in the inner corner or in the outer crease and it really flatters my brown eyes and makes them look warmer. Single eyeshadows are just £4.50 from NYX, which I think this shade is definitely worth. There is a huge range of shadows and various finishes so its worth googling for swatches but I would definitely recommend Rust, especially if you don't own anything similar.

Have you tried any NYX products?



Bloglovin |  Facebook  |  Twitter

5 comments

  1. Both of these products look amazing :) Love the colour of the eye shadow, suits you so much! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh wow congratulations Zoe, that's fantastic!!! I am so pleased for you :))))) I love the look of both of these, especially that beautiful eyeshadow.. what a stunner xxxx

    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo