Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque


At the moment I'm becoming a little obsessed with skincare. I love using face masks - having quite oily skin I like to use clay/mud based masks to draw out impurities. I was using the Liz Earle deep cleansing mask but recently ran out. I didn't find it particularly effective to be honest, just ok so I thought I'd look for something else.
The Queen Helene mint julep mask has been on my radar for a while. I've seen several good reviews and its affordable. This is quite a thick green clay mask with a refreshing slight minty scent. When applied to the skin it feels slightly tingly and cool at first before it hardens after a few minutes. After 15 minutes, you rinse with water and pat the skin dry. 
I've used this mask a few times - I don't like to use it too much as I feel it may dry the skin out if used more than once/twice a week and I'm impressed with the results so far. The mask aims to rinse away blackheads,which I'm not too sure about. I think deep rooted blackheads will need extracting rather than using a mask but it works well on clearing up excess oil, leaving less congested pores and overall clearer skin. I have a few open pores around my nose and these look more refined and tighter. For dryer skin, this mask would be maybe too harsh but for normal/oily skins its a great buy! I got mine from ebay but its available at quite a few places online. 



Bloglovin |  Facebook  |  Twitter

3 comments

  1. I'm sure I've seen this or heard about it before but I can't think where! Like you say I don't think any mask is capable of getting rid of all blackheads but I think a lot of masks make your skin feel smoother which is ok as a temporary fix if you're going out or something

    Jade | Beauty Butterfly Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone with dry skin, yeah that would easily be much too harsh for me. Thanks for the review! I like knowing which products to stay away from. :D

    Lynn | Makeup With Tea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo