Things I've learnt from blogging!

image source

So this is a bit different from what I usually post but change is good, right? I've been blogging for well over a year now and I've learnt quite a few things during that time. I'm quite a changeable person, I tend to get bored very easily (you might be able to tell that from my ever changing blog design haha) so the fact that I'm still blogging after all this time is a huge achievement for me. Blogging has definitely boosted my confidence - I guess its easier when you're sat behind your computer & this is probably why I wont attempt youtube.

When it comes to blogging, I think of myself as a small fish in a very big pond. Its easy to compare yourself to other bloggers, especially those considered 'bigger bloggers' & wonder if your blogging in the right way, if what you're writing about is any good, if your photographs look ok etc. I think when it comes to blogging, you should write about what YOU want to write about. At the end of the day, its your personal space and you should do what makes you happy. When I first started this blog, I didn't really know what direction I wanted to go, although I consider it primarily a 'beauty' blog, I've realised its ok to think outside the box and to write about other topics, such as fashion or more personal posts.

Whether its in real life or online, you can never please everyone. There is always going to be someone who doesn't like you or your blog, which is completely ok. It would be a really boring world if we all liked the same thing and never had opinions. I used to be really self conscious in my teens, but I've finally learnt to let it go, heck if I worried about what everyone thought about me I would never get out of bed in the morning. Life is too short, if there does come a point when I begin to hate blogging then I'll stop. Right now I love blogging. I have found something I'm really passionate about and I have a genuine love for.

Bloggers are a huge community - Beauty bloggers in particular. I totally believe that anyone can be part of it, I'm lucky to have spoken to some truly lovely people through blogging and have found some amazing blogs to read. Moral of the story is that blogging is an incredible thing - you never know what might come of it or who you might speak to/meet!

*I could write a lot more but I'll start to ramble and end up writing an essay so I'll leave it there for now*

Thanks for reading

Love Zoe x

Bloglovin |   Twitter

35 comments

  1. Really enjoyed this post and I couldn't agree more. It shows when bloggers are not blogging to make themselves happy!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! It's so important not to compare your own blog to others, as long as you like it, and it shows off your personality then that's all that matters.

    Really enjoyed this post :)

    www.laurensibs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post Zoe. I think with blogging, if you don't enjoy it, it'll definitely show through. I'm glad you're doing something you love. :)

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post! Perfect to read when you need a blogging 'pick me up'

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wise words! So true! Those notebooks are so cute too!

    grannygee.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun, sadly the notebooks arent mine xx

      Delete
  6. Like you, I get bored easily but have loved blogging and it has become pretty much a little 'part time' job (that i enjoy) for me whilst being pregnant and now having baby and all this spare time, i wish! But i still enjoy it and always try to take 5 minutes of my day to read through blogs and write mine. I agree that its a really good thing to get into but its a shame when people compare themselves to other bloggers and feel bad about it. Everyones different!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes thats so true, thanks emma xx

      Delete
  7. I love blogging too!! :) Been doing it for 5 years! Madness xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hunnie, wow 5 yrs is a long time xx

      Delete
  8. Love this post and could even adapt it myself. I'm way more laid back with blogging now, if I can find the time, great but this is only a hobby. I used to get so worked up about having to blog daily and I'm glad I do it when I want to now, not when I feel pressured :)

    Paula ♥ | http://www.la-vida-fresa.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks paula, its so important not too feel pressured. Glad you've found a good balance xx

      Delete
  9. This is a lovely post :) I used to compare mine to a lot of different blogs, but I'm happy with where it is now I've stepped back from beauty into more of a lifestyle blog again.

    I bloomin' love those notebooks too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! some really good home truths in there. You really are an inspiration!

    Nicky
    zeeblikesit.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks nicky!not sure about that haha, you are too kind xx

      Delete
  11. Loved this post :)
    It's definitely true and it took me a while to tell myself that it was ok to not post every single day and that i will still have people who read it! Infact, i have noticed i seem to get more views when i leave my blog for a day as it gives readers a chance to catch up i think :)
    Everyone is different and you've got to love yourself, glad you've found something you love :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. My biggest difficulty has been to stop comparing myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks coco, I think its something many people struggle with xx

      Delete
  13. I love blogging for myself. It soothes me. :) Such a lovely post. As of this moment, to me, You are one of the "bigger bloggers" hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aislinn, nah I'm not a big blogger haha xx

      Delete
  14. This was a really lovely post to read :), I've only recently started blogging so sometimes I feel like people will come across my blog and compare me to other people with loads more followers, but at the end of the day I enjoy what I'm writing and I like having those posts to look back on and some lovely followers that I can spend time talking to :). Take care! Michaela xoxo

    www.hellomichaela.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michaela, I always think of it that even the bloggers with thousands and thousands of subscribers all started with none. Just keep doing what you enjoy :) xx

      Delete
  15. Great best, I wrote one not long ago about not comparing yourself and how to stay positive. I think it's important to remember to do it because you enjoy it, and just keep your passion rather than worrying that your blog is not making it. It's easy to get lost. Great post and new reader :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun, very wise words xx

      Delete
  16. great post u would live to see more posts like this

    http://fashionandbeautytribes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Reading this now before going to uni has given me the boost I've needed about my blog, it's nice to be able to read posts like this especially when you're lacking a little bit of confidence when it comes to blogging. Glad I stumbled across your blog :)

    Beth, x
    www.bethany-mariex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really loved the article, it's true, I'm still a teen and struggling with my self-esteem, but that article helped me so thank you. this will be my favorite blog !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo