Beautiful Summer Braids!


Right now, my favourite hairstyle for summer are braids or plaits. Its a really versatile style, whether its something that can be done fairly quick and easy like the blake lively style above or something that is more polished and requires a little more effort.
I've been mainly putting my hair into a side plait like the first picture - its great for keeping heat induced frizzy hair under control. Just put add a little hair serum and you're good to go.
Speaking of hairstyles, I'm really tempted to cut a fringe (or bangs if you're from the other side of the pond) but I'm not sure!last time I had a fringe, I was nine! Decisions!

8 comments

  1. I love fringe braids, perfect for bad hair days and greasy fringes!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wear my fringe in a french plait for work to keep it out of my eyes. I sometimes think people must wonder why I always have a plait but it's such a quick and easy way to add a little something extra to a hair style :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an appointment to get my hair braided on Saturday and cannot wait!! So excited. I'm also thinking about getting some sort of fringe cut (to hide my forehead wrinkles!) but still a bit scared... might step slowly into some sort of side fringe!

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think braids are one of the most beautiful things to do with hair! I'm kind of growing my hair back and trying to find a braided style that looks good with it at the moment :)
    The side plait is such an elegant look too, lucky you you can pull it off!

    Isabela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was afraid of getting a fringe since I also last wore it when I was very little, but I like it very much, I don't regret my decision!
    The Blake Lively braid seems hard to do, but it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blake Lively always has lovely hair, I love the braids she does!! (Runs and fishtails my own hair...)

    Molly x
    Lyon Notes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures. I love braids, they're so summery :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo