HTML TIPS: USING YOUR OWN BACKGROUND IN BLOGGER


Today I thought I would continue my html tips and tricks series (you can view the other posts by clicking here) by focusing on backgrounds!As I've said before, I'm not a professional web designer or anything but I've learnt a few things about html since writing this blog and thought it would be nice to share!
There is more than one way to add your own background but this is super easy!

For this tutorial, I'm going to use a simple blogger template. Firstly go to template designer in blogger - advanced - backgrounds - I'm going to change the outer background from blue to transparent and apply/save.



Next I'm going to find a seamless background - I recommend using a seamless background so it doesn't repeat itself

Some good free sites for backgrounds are;
patterncooler
ava7 patterns
fuckyeahseamlessbackgrounds
dinpattern
totally severe
squidfingers

 I'm going to use one from squidfingers.
Upload your chosen background to an image hosting site, such as photobucket. Once uploaded, keep the page open.

Go to template designer in blogger - add css and add following code.

body { background: url(url of chosen image); background-color: none; }
.body-fauxcolumn-outer div { background: none !important; }




Make sure to delete the text in bright pink above and add the direct link of your chosen background.

Save template.

Your background will now show on your blog!

I hope this was helpful!

10 comments

  1. so helpful!! great tip thank u x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this! I was on a hunt for so long to find websites with decent backgrounds :)

    Fusels x

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it comes to HTML I always suck lol ><
    Thanks a lot for the tip =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! such a helpful post on how to do backgrounds. Been struggling with this and not getting anywhere as well as the links for decent backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish i came across more posts like this! i;m so rubbish at HTML etc!!

    thanks for the useful post!

    Sophie | fashionslave.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was SO helpful! Thank you! x

    ohthesedaysarefast.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo