That Blogging Mojo!



Your writing a blog and coasting along nicely and all of a sudden Bam! a lack of inspiration, enthusiasm and motivation hits you all at once. Yep, I'm talking about losing your blogging mojo. I know its something that happens to a lot of bloggers if not all at some stage and I think its perfectly natural. Though, I've blogged over the past few weeks, I'll admit its been a struggle. I have so many ideas going through my head and just had no idea where to start. Blogging is a hobby for me and still something I really enjoy. These last few days, I've felt really inspired and positive about blogging again and thought I'd share a few tips that have helped.

1. Its ok to take a break!
I think sometimes its better to take some time off then trying to plod through it (note to self - remember this!) and not feel 100% happy with the posts your writing. Obviously, its more difficult if blogging is your full time job but sometimes having a break and going out enjoying life can inspire you again.

2. Organisation
Whilst I have a notebook for blogging, I haven't really been using it but I've decided to start writing down all my ideas for blog posts and products that I want to write about. I've also made a 'blogging review drawer' in my helmer so I know which products I need to try etc. Its straightforward but it makes it so much easier to focus on.

3. Areas of Inspiration
If you're struggling for inspiration, looking for ideas can help. I really like pinterest, asking family and friends, even talking to other bloggers can really help.

4. Thinking outside the box!
Even though my blog is primarily beauty, I like to post about other things now and again. If you're stuck for ideas, why not post about other hobbies you have, things you like, blog about a day out/holiday, a food/recipe post..the possibilities are endless!

These are just a few things that's helped give me a push!

I would love to know if you have any tips for overcoming writers block!


16 comments

  1. this was a great post for me to read as a newbie! thank you x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder


    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with the break!! Everyone needs a holiday!

    UK beauty blog sale including products from nars, MAC, armani, clinique and more. http://talisatalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/massive-blog-sale-products-from-nars.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fourth tip can be quite hard because you get sucked into this mentality of NO. JUST BEAUTY. YOU'RE BEAUTY BLOG, but sometimes, when you can manage it, those posts become the most successful. I'll keep coming back to these tips when I have blogger's block for sure :)

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thru that for a long time.. I seriously need more inspiration and organization!

    Great tips zoe x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my blogging notebook! I always write any ideas I have then when I have some spare time I always try and write a few up!
    Estelle x
    Letmegoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips- sometimes I am in need of some serious inspiration!
    Jennifer
    Nature With Nurture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting this, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one that occasionally lose my blogging mojo.

    Kah-Feh Yen
    I'm currently running a MAC lipstick and other goodies giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice tips. :)
    Definitely gonna keep them in mind. Thanks for posting this :))



    VISIT MY BLOG - I PREACH FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  9. great tips!! i love the last one... people seem to feel like they have to stick to very specific niches with all their posts - whereas there's so much freedom! you can literally post about ANYTHING! :) that's why i love blogging so much!
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. :) This happened to me recently and I was horrified at myself for not blogging for a week! I use Pinterest but never thought about using it for inspiration so thanks!
    xx

    Naomii
    www.glitterbomb-makeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean.. when I'm in the 'mood' I force myself to write and write and write, so I could have drafts saved that I can publish should I become ill or lose my mojo. I have 24 in my drafts at the minute all ready to go, and I love it as I don't feel like I'm under any pressure or anything :) <3 xxx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I find not thinking about it. I had a bit of a mojo blip recently and when I stopped beating myself up about it and stopped thinking about it for a day or two then ideas just popped into my head. It was a wait for a bus for ages and then 2 come at once moment. Xxx

    Leanne | Topazstarz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post, need to bookmark it to embrace my blogging mojo a bit more! :D
    xx, moonchild beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really helpful thought I was the only, who thought that quite a relief actually thanks so much x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This happens to me too, especially because I review books too so sometimes I really reach my limit and lost my creative juices. That's why I often take a break and schedule posts whenever I got my mojo back to make use out of it. I used to list down what I'll post before and it helped a lot in making my posts organize and for me to not forget the ideas I have for writing. :)

    Arra
    Style Reader

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where did you get the rilakkuma mouse? I NEED IT *.*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo