Bright Eyes: Dark Circle Heroes!

I've suffered with dark under eye circles ever since I can remember. I've used so many products over the years but I've finally found a few that actually work!

Eysilix - £24.99
Bareminerals Well Rested Concealer - £17.80*
MAC Strobe Cream - £12.50 (travel size)

Firstly, I've been using Eysilix by Indeed Labs. Eysilix is an eye cream that aims to improve puffiness, dark circles, fatigue and crows feet. I use this morning and evening - it sinks in straight away and doesn't leave any residue. I've been using Eysilix for a few weeks now and there has been a significant improvement in my under eye area.
Firstly, my under eye shadows look less dark. I've tried various creams, teabags, cold spoons, cucumbers etc before and this is the only thing that's worked. So impressed. I've also noticed that my under eye area looks smoother and firmer. I do think this is the type of product that needs a few weeks to work its magic rather than seeing instant results. Active ingredients include dermaxyl to smooth wrinkles whilst strengthening the skins natural barrier function and eclaline to oxygenate and nourish the skin.

Although I haven't been needing as much coverage under my eyes, I still like to use something to brighten the area. I recently received the bareminerals concealer in well rested from Beauty Cutey. Well rested is an eye brightening mineral concealer that can be used all around the eye area. The pot uses a 'click & lock' system to create less mess, so that you don't spill it everywhere when you open it. Although it looks quite dark in the pot, I find it blends well into my skin and as its yellow toned its a product I can also use on redness around my nose area.

For my under eye area, I find it slightly too heavy so I've been mixing it with MAC strobe cream. Strobe cream is an illuminating moisturiser - I wrote a review here. It mixes well with well rested concealer to create a light creamy tinted moisturiser that blends seamlessly. It makes my eyes look brighter and most importantly it stays put and doesn't crease, which I find many concealers do.
Although well rested isn't super cheap, I find it to be a versatile product that works well to brighten and conceal. Likewise with Eysilix - its not the cheapest eye cream out there but I see it as an investment and it works so well compared to other products.

Have you tried any of these?

♥ 

23 comments

  1. I nearly bought the eysillix but didn't because of the price and I hadn't heard anything about it! However I think I will after reading this post :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its definitely the best eye cream I've used x

      Delete
  2. I use Bare Minerals foundation but never tried the concealor and I have dreadful dark circles so I think this is something I need to look into; as well as the other products you mention!

    Thanks for this post, it was really helpful.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I need to try the Eysilix, great post!

    Allie x

    www.rushandteal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any of these but I really wanted to try a bareminerals foundation, so I maybe would try the concealer too :)
    Fusels x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a really good concealer x

      Delete
  5. OOh I've never heard of strobe cream but it sounds interesting! x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a really versatile product x

      Delete
  6. love well rested. I never thought about mixing it with Strobe Cream - good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of Mac strobe cream but the others not really. I love to hear about products that aren't written or spoken about as often. Usually people stick to the popular/hyped products :)

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been really wanting to try Eysilix!

    http://itsjessicachoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I think its a great all round product x

      Delete
  10. Haven't tried any of them but I'm glad you found products that worked for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been using Eysilix for the past three weeks and I have seen very little (if any) change in the dark circles. I do have them pretty bad but I seriously haven't noticed much difference. It's a real disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats a real shame!origins ginzing is another good cream - it helps to brighten the area too x

      Delete
  12. Is there a button I can just push right now to have this magically placed on my desk? I've been obsessing over my dark circles lately and think these are products that I really need, especially the Strobe Cream as I've heard SO much about it!

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo