MAC Eyeshadow Favourites

Whilst I don't really rate MAC lipsticks as being some of the best in the beauty world, I adore their eyeshadows!I usually pick up the pans, not just because they are slightly cheaper but I like to keep them together in my palette. Now and again I will buy one from a limited edition collection if it catches my eye but my favourites are from MAC's permanent line.


My favourites include satin taupe, which is a beautiful taupe with brown/purple undertones and a frost finish. Its the softest and most pigmented of all the MAC shadows I own. It looks perfect blended in the crease or just worn on its own. This is definitely the product that shows MAC at its best.
Another favourite is all that glitters, a veluxe pearl finish I would describe as a champagne beige.Again its very soft and pigmented. I think this is one of those shades that can really make your eyes 'pop', I don't really like using that word but that's kinda what it does. Even though its shimmery, the texture is really smooth and super easy to blend.
An eyeshadow, I really feel is underrated is era, a satin cool toned taupe, although its described as a golden beige by MAC. Its very flattering on my skin tone and a great everyday shade. It looks perfect paired with any other neutral shade or even something completely different like a navy, purple or green.
Speaking of green shadows, two of my all time favourite greens are MAC's steamy and sumptuous olive. Steamy is a green/blue frost with gold pearl. I don't generally wear a lot of brights but I love this shade the texture is perfect and easy to blend. I like to use it with a damp liner brush and work it into my lower lash line, which looks really beautiful paired with neutral shades. 
Sumptuous olive (I've spelt it wrong in the photos) is an olive with gold undertones in a veluxe pearl finish. I love this shade, its so subtle and versatile. It can be paired with so many other shades and is one of those colours that will flatter most eyes.


Do you have any of these?

18 comments

  1. I always wanted to try Sumptuous Olive it looks so pretty. My favourite MAC eye shadow is All That Glitters, it's so easy to wear x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always pick up the pans too. I have Steamy and Sumptuous Olive. Soo gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been intrigued by Sumptuous Olive, but have never seen it swatched before. It looks gorgeous and great for blending with Satin Taupe!
    Catherine x | Brighton Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours, I have heard loads about Satin Taupe and All that Glitters and they will definitely be the first i pick up when i do get some MAC eyeshadows! :) Perfect everyday shades!xx

    VINTAGE TEAPOT | FASHION, BEAUTY & LIFE RAMBLES

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sumptuous olive looks gorgeous - I don't think I've ever seen anyone speak about it so it's a refreshing change :D I now own a grand total of one MAC eyeshadow WOO HOO, and I plan on adding to that soonish :)

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I soooo want to try sumptuous olive! It looks gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love satin taupe! Next on my list is all that glitters! Seems to be a favourite amongst many beauty bloggers!

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steamy is such a unique colour, the last swatch reminds me of the ocean. So pretty xxx
    Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of them are really lovely shades - I think I want them all! I don't own any MAC shadows just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. they all look so pretty and shimmery!
    Alana xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only have the all that glitters eyeshadow ... pretty collections

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always wanted to try all that glitters :) It is such a pretty shade x

    www.anacelinelabod.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the brown/neutral shades. I do own All That Glitters, but I never really find myself reaching for it.


    Susan Loves...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just added Sumptuous Olive and Steamy to my MAC wishlist. I really need to check out Satin Taupe as so many people have been raving out it! Woodwinked is my personal favorite! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Steamy looks beautiful - I'd be worried I'd not know how to use it, although it really is a stunning shade! Zoe.. I don't get your posts showing up in my GFC Blog reader anymore? I don't know why :( I have to physically go onto your URL to see your posts? I know my blog had the same issue with RSS feeds or something, but I never get to see your new posts anymore :((( xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo