NYX Pumpkin Pie Lipstick: a MAC Shy Girl Dupe?

I've already found a decent dupe of MAC lovelorn lipstick and been trying to find dupes for other mid-high end lipsticks that I own. Today, I have a lipstick to share with you that bares a resemblance to another MAC lipstick - Shy Girl. 


Like Shy girl, NYX lipstick in pumpkin pie is a peach nude shade. MAC lipsticks now retail for £15 whereas NYX lipsticks are £4 - a huge difference. The two look very similar, not identical but fairly close.


NYX pumpkin pie is more pink toned than shy girl in the bullet and it leans this way on my lips. 
Shy girl is a cremesheen finish, I always find MAC lipsticks to be slightly drying but I love the vanilla scent and they generally last a few hours on my lips. NYX pumpkin pie feels thinner on the lips. Its not a sheer shade but the formula is lighter with more slip so the wear isn't quite as good as shy girl.
Both these are really wearable shades, if you're looking for something similar to shy girl then pumpkin pie is a good bet, its also £11 cheaper which is a bonus too!!


12 comments

  1. Wow, they're so similar!

    j4miejohnston.com

    Jamie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats a really good dupe! They're almost exact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually prefer the pinker tone of the NYX and the price of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the NYX lipsticks so that's a great dupe for the more expensive and not cruelty-free lipstick from MAC. Great review!

    Kristina | Beauty With Compassion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shades!
    The NYX one especially - where did you get it from? :)
    The Blushing Giraffe | A New UK Beauty Blog
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this colour and it's such a close shade isn't it?
    To be honest, I think I prefer the NYX. Also, for the price difference, I wouldn't mind having to reapply it a little more often!

    oOo Becky oOo

    BKY Bubble oOo Beauty, Life, Baby, Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh they look SO super similar, I think I actually prefer the look of the NYX one!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a really good dupe! Pumpkin Pie is such a cute name too!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is a great dupe! and god im inlove with the color! its perfect! I need o buy it soon.
    Thank you for sharing dear~^_^ <3

    www.beautylish-life.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow ! really good dupe =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo