Oh So Blue!


Right now I'm really into blue shades of polish. Anything remotely sky blue and I'm drawn to it.
My favourite blue shades currently include Essie, Topshop, Maybelline and China Glaze.
Essie Bikini So Teeny is a cornflower blue shade with subtle silver shimmer. I bought this from Fragrance Direct a while back and its well worth the £1.99. Its opaque in two coats and doesn't streak - really lovely!
Essie Maximillian Strasse-Her is a recent purchase again from Fragrance Direct. Its a grey creme with blue-green undertones, great consistency and opaque in two coats. This is from the spring 2013 range!
China Glaze Sea Spray is one I've had for a while. The formula is great but the brush is quite thin. I'm not sure if they've changed since. Its a blue grey creme, slightly lighter and more blue toned than Essie Maximillian Strasse-Her so not really a dupe but they're fairly close.
Maybelline Forever Strong Pro in Ceramic Blue is also a recent purchase - its currently 99p at Fragrance Direct. Ceramic Blue is a pale blue shade with lilac shimmer. Its a very pretty shade but the formula is really thin and needs 2-3 coats to be fully opaque. Finally, Topshop Tidal is a pale grey/blue creme. The consistency is on the thicker side but it dries quickly and only need two coats. I love this shade so much, it reminds me of a really grey day buts its a really soft shade and works well with my pale skin tone.

Topshop Tidal | Maybelline Ceramic Blue | China Glaze Sea Spray | Essie Maximillian Strasse-Her | Essie Bikini So Teeny

Have you tried any of these shades?


♥ 

18 comments

  1. These are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any of these shades! But I want to now! Great post!

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ceramic Blue is a lovely colour :)
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shade of the ceramic blue!
    I wish these kinda blues suited a warmer skintone though :(
    The Blushing Giraffe | A New UK beauty blog
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of these! Bikini So Teeny is one of my favourite nail polishes, so gorgeous xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Essie shade, that was my first blue polish purchase! I actually quite like the Maybelline colour too, my next favourite!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Maybelline Ceramic Blue! x

    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just got Bikini so Teeny from Fragrance Direct, it's so gorgeous I love it x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loveeee Sea Spray it's one of my favourite shades to wear on my nails!


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love bikini so teeny, it is my fav polish atm! so cute x

    notanotheroneamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't tried any of them but I've always wanted Bikini So Teeny xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. the essie shades are just gorgeous! :)

    from isabela at fusels.com | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have and really enjoy Sea Spray. Essie Maximillian Strasse-Her looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all kind of blues.. Maybelline and Essie are my favorite brands :) x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have tried the essie bikini so teeny... love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. The ceramic blue looks gorgeous!

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love blue polishes! I love that you chose more wearable blues here, much more complimentary! xoxo
    A Thing of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loveee the look of Maximillion Strasse her and have been contemplating Fragrance Directing it myself haha, along with Bikini So Teeny hmmm...

    Holly Mixtures

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo