The Hit or Miss List


I've made one or two purchases recently - some good and some not so great. I thought I'd share my thoughts on a few products I've used recently, speed review style!

HIT 
Soap & Glory The Righteous Body Butter 
 I love this body butter, its thick, creamy and smells delicious. I find it takes a minute or two to sink in but it leaves my skin feeling soft and smelling great. I think the price of £10.50 is very reasonable considering its a quite a large 300ml tub.

MISS 
Bioderma Pore Refiner 
 I have a few noticeable pores so I'm always drawn to a product that claims to improve the look of them. The Bioderma Pore Refiner aims to refine the skin texture of oily skin, tighten pores and reduce sebum. Whilst it leaves a matte, velvety finish, I cant say I've noticed any difference in pore size or in the oiliness of my skin. It makes a nice primer under makeup as it smooths the skin but as a 'pore refiner' it just doesn't cut it.

MISS
Batiste Dry Smoothing Conditioner
This was a random Boots buy. I see new products and I cant help myself. I use batiste dry shampoo so thought I'd give this a try. Enriched with argan oil, the conditioner aims to smooth flyway hairs and nourish hair with a non greasy shine. I've used this a few times and I just don't like it. It doesn't make my hair look greasy but it also doesn't seem to make my hair feel any softer or smoother. If anything, my flyaway hairs looked worse after using it. My regular leave in conditioner - Dove conditioning spray works so much better!

HIT
Topshop Nail Polish in Tidal
This is my first purchase from the Topshop make up line. I love this shade so much!Its a cross between a light grey and blue - so pretty!The consistency of the polish is really good, it dries fast and I'm a sucker for the cute packaging. I'll swatch it in an upcoming post.

MISS
17 Wild Metallic Eye Cream in Wild Nude
At £3.99 I hope this would be a slightly cheaper version of Maybelline Color Tattoos. Sadly it wasn't meant to be. Whilst this shade is gorgeous, it lasted under an hour over a primer before disappearing, which is a new record. I do have oily eyelids but other creams tend to last a lot longer over a primer. Not one I would recommend!

Have you tried any of these products?


♥ 

17 comments

  1. Such a shame about the bioderma pore refiner - would love to hear if you find any products that do make a difference as I suffer from the same problem.

    Jazzie x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know - I'm still on the search xx

      Delete
  2. It's a shame about the 17 cream eye shadow! I have this problem with most cream shadows and it is very annoying. I'm glad I saw what you wrote about the bioderma pore refiner as I was keen to try it! Best to look elsewhere I suppose, it's a hard thing to find. The Body Shop one is very good, especially for the price but my pores are pretty worse for wear at the moment and I'm looking for something a bit more hardcore xx

    Angelica // One Little Vice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I read this as I was thinking of grabbing some of that new Batiste! Not what I thought it would be :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love posts like this! everyone always raves about what to buy I love seeing things I should stay away from!
    http://shemightbeloved.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard a lot of amazing things about the Batiste dry shampoo. But I also heard a lot of negative things. Thanks for the post!

    xx- missmacbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That soap and glory body butter looks really good! Most primers which claim to shrink pores just seem to cover them up and not actually do anything to them, very annoying!

    thepixiespicks.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lists like this, It's such a shame about the 17 eyeshadow! I was hoping they would be good!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pity about the 17 cream eyeshadow, it really could have been a good colour tattoo dupe. Tidal is such a lovely colour, may have to purchase it!xx

    VINTAGE TEAPOT | FASHION, BEAUTY & LIFE RAMBLES

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love TS nail polishes! Hate buying something and turns out rubbish x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really great post. I'm a total sucker for Topshop nail varnishes. I love this colour! xx

    Essie | The Li'l Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the S&G Righteous Body Butter! The tub lasts ages as well xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never knew Batiste had started doing dry conditioner now! But it doesn't sounds like it's worth trying x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh the Topshop nail polish looks stunning, I love the packaging too!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That topshop nail polish is a gorgeous colour! And oh god, is there any misses in the entire soap and glory range? love it so much!

    lisatakespictures | fashion, beauty & ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got a couple of the 17 cream eye shadows as well. As much as I love the colours I find they crease and disappear really quickly as well so rarely use them I tend to stick to my trusty Maybelline ones. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow now they have dry conditioner.... @.@

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo