Bourjois Color Edition 24H Shadow


Another new release from Bourjois. This time its the Color Edition 24h Shadow in Bleu Tenebreux. This was an Amazon purchase, they only had this shade available so I went with it. Bleu Tenebreux is a midnight blue (it looks like a teal blue on the picture but its darker in real life) that once applied is a black based blue with metallic blue shimmer. Color Edition Shadows are a cream to powder formula with a metallic effect. In the container, the shadow feels creamy which translates to a mouse like texture before drying to a powder finish. I gave this a try today and I can tell you that these dry fast. You have to work quickly when applying, making it hard to blend. The staying power is great though, even on the swatch I had to scrub my arm to remove it.
At first I thought these might be Bourjois' version of Maybelline's color tattoo but the formula is completely different. Being honest, I don't think the texture is as good as the color tattoo's - you have to be careful when applying as the Boujois offering can look patchy if you don't apply well. The pigmentation however is great. I'm interested to see what the other shades look like. These are priced £6.99, I bought mine here.

Do you think you'll be giving these a try?


13 comments

  1. That shade looks SO pretty! definitely one to go for on a night out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colour looks gorgeous! Sounds like the consistency might not be for me though, I like my eyeshadows to be super-bendable xx

    beauty-robot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning! The texture doesn't sound the best but for a shade like this i think i might try it!
    zozeze.com x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great pigmentation, although not so good on the quick drying x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shades look amazing! XX

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shame the texture isn't as good as the maybelline colour tattoos, but wow what a gorgeous colour :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shade is stunning, it's a shame it's texture isn't on par with the Color Tattoos - Especially as it's more expensive.
    I still think I'd like to add this to my collection just because it's a gorgeous shade. :)

    Juyey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this shade looks so different and intense! Looks perfect for a night out :)

    www.beautibop.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This color looks beautiful! I don't know how I would wear it, but it looks amazing

    xx- missmacbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an amazing colour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks gorgeous! I really like it.

    Nicky
    zeeblikesit.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That shade is lovely! Its sad the formula isn't great

    themacaronaddict.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo