Bourjois Happy Light: A New Edition!



Yesterday I was having a little browse at the beauty section on Amazon and I spotted a few new Bourjois products. I already knew about the Happy Light Collection but wasn't expecting to see it yet. (I'm not sure if its available in stores yet?)
The new Happy Light range includes a foundation, two primers and a concealer. I knew I wanted the Matte primer but I thought I'd give the concealer and foundation a try as well. As I only received my order this morning, these are my first impressions.

Happy Light Base Serum Matite  -£10.99
As my skin is oily, I prefer to use a primer underneath my foundation to extend the wear and control oil. This primer is a pinky beige lightweight cream that has the texture of a serum. It melts into the skin immediately and looks colourless once applied. I like the texture as I'm not a fan of anything that feels heavy. Some mattifyng products can make the skin look dull but happy light serum mattifies whilst making skin look radiant. It leaves the texture of the skin looking smooth whilst slightly minimising pores. This primer does contain silicones so if you tend to break out easy it might be one to skip. So far I really like this primer, I need to try it under my other foundations to see how it fares but so far so good.
There is also an illuminating primer in this collection too

Happy Light Foundation - £11.99
Happy Light foundation is a lightweight foundation providing luminosity and radiance. I had to take a gamble with my shade choice as I couldn't find any indication of shades online. I assumed porcelain would be the lightest and I'm guessing it is. The problem I have with Bourjois foundations is the shade range. The lightest shades are far too dark for my skintone and Happy Light falls into that category. The texture of the foundation is light, blends really well and creates a glowy finish without looking oily. I prefer it over the original healthy mix - I found that one to 'sit' on my skin like a mask. If you can find a match to your skintone then I think you'll like this foundation. It provides decent coverage without feeling heavy yet it isn't too light either - it provides more coverage than say Revlon Nearly Naked. Overall its a pretty good foundation.

Happy Light Concealer - £8.99
Happy Light Compact Concealer is a medium coverage concealer that hides blemishes and imperfections without looking cakey. I haven't used this under my eyes as I prefer lighter coverage concealers but I have used this on redness/imperfections and so far I'm really impressed. According to Amazon, there are two shades available which don't look suitable for dark skin tones. I have shade Ivoire, which looks quite orange toned in the compact but surprisinlyg once blended into the skin is lighter than expected. Its still slightly too dark for my skin tone but I do like the creamy texture.It feels lightweight on the skin and provides good coverage without giving that caked on look. Again, its the shade range that is the biggest problem as not everyone will find a match.

My first impressions so far are good. I wish Bourjois would extend their shade range as its disappointing compared to other brands. I always gravitate towards Revlon and Loreal for base products as I know their shades run light enough.
I have two further new products to review shortly. I'm unsure when these will be available instore so keep your eyes peeled but if you're in the UK, you can find them on Amazon

14 comments

  1. My favourite Bourjois foundation is definitely Healthy Mix, but I always look at the new releases since it's such a super product! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might have to try out the base serum - sounds perfect for me!Xx

    Lucy Cole | A UK Fashion, Style and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of the Happy Light collection before, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea these had even come out yet! I don't understand why the primer is a matte finish given it makes it seem like your going to get glowy skin. Oh well, I like the look of the foundation,

    Molly x
    Lyon Notes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive seen the press release for this and it did look pretty awesome but its another thing to actually see the products, i quite like the idea of the concealer but totally they need to extend their shade range tbh

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow i had no idea these were coming out! I like the sound of them though, especially the serum.

    zozeze.com x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have oily skin too so I'll have to try the primer! :)

    www.beautibop.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to try these! Great post!

    xx- missmacbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh this looks so exciting! I can't wait to try out the foundation. Just wondering - has this range got a scent to it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound great! Can't wait to give them a try .

    Nicky
    zeeblikesit.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so exciting, I love Bourjois. I can't wait for these to come into store so I can swatch!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I may have to head over to Amazon, The primer sounds amazing. I have oily skin too and my foundation just can't last with out it! I'm really looking forward to trying all of these :)
    Sam x
    Lipstick&Lectures

    ReplyDelete
  13. These sound great - Bourjois have really been taking over the drugstore bandwagon lately! x

    50 Follower Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im currently loving Bourjois and this collection is tempting! I really want to give the foundation a try!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo