MAC Vintage Selection Paint Pot



I'm always in the market for buying a cream eyeshadow. They're easy to use, quick to apply and providing you have a good cream shadow, wont budge. MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pots are one of my favourite cream shadows. You can use them as a primer, base or as a wash of colour on their own.  MAC were really lacking in a good shade range until a while back when they introduced a few new and repromoted shades into the permanent line. One of those was Vintage Selection - a frosted champagne beige (MAC describe this as a dirty peach but I disagree, although the one karen from makeup and beauty blog has looks completely different so who knows?!! ) that originally launched in the cham-pale collection a few years ago. It looks a little 'sparkly' on the lids but worn on its own its ok for wearing during the day. 
Vintage Selection is extremely pigmented, has a soft and creamy texture and applies smoothly. I have oily lids and paints pots don't budge until I remove them. One thing about MAC paint pots is that they dry really quickly so if you're blending/wearing with other shades, you need to work fast! I've also found that they can dry out over time if you don't screw the lid on tight enough. (quick tip - give them a blast with a hairdryer if they start to dry, it warms them up making them creamier.) 
Nevertheless, paint pots in general are a great buy!They're not what I class as cheap and I'm pretty sure the price of these has increased recently but they're ideal for anyone who doesn't have a lot of time to apply makeup, especially in the mornings when everything is a chore! Vintage selection is beautiful shade, I have lets skate, stormy pink, camel coat, perky pro and antique diamond currently on my wishlist. Some of those haven't launched yet but there are more shades about to be added to the permanent line so keep your eyes peeled!

Have you tried any MAC paint pots?


20 comments

  1. Thats a great tip about the hairdryer, definitely going to try that on some of my cream shadows that have gone a bit dry! This is a gorgeous shade, looks lovely with that lip colour too!
    zozeze.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo pretty! It looks great on you ^^ I haven't heard much about this shade, but i do want to get one now :) I agree that these paintpots dry out so quickly. I adore my Rubensque paintpot on a day to day basis~

    Thanks for sharing and i hope you have a nice day <3

    *- YingcBeauty-*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried cream shadows before but not from MAC because they are a lttle pricey but I love this color (: great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have one MAC Paint Pot and that's in the shade Lets Skate but I've really been fancying this shade! It looks lovely on you :) xx

    http://www.suzyheartsbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this one is so pretty. I don't own any paint pots by MAC but I am loving this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colour! I can't wait to get one of these! Love your tip on making them creamy again :)

    thebeautybow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so pretty on you, I've never seen this one before.
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is pretty - looks like a pretty shade for winter. I like Mac Paint pots, I find them to be long wearing
    Great tip - I will be giving mine a blast with the hairdryer.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - hairdryer tip = awesome! Haha
    I loveee how this looks on you, so pretty with the red lip :D

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that is a pretty paint pot, I'm yet to try one though !

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I saw the first couple of photos I thought 'wow what a gorgeous summery shade' but I love how you created a autumn/holiday look with it. Stunning!

    MyLushBox

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww this is a gorgeous colour this would make an amazing base colour!

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so pretty - how do they compare to the Maybelline Colour Tattoos though as they're so cheap in comparison?
    Boo xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wooow, really pretty, especially combined with red lips. <3

    Maja, Pink Mascara

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really gorgeous, need to try a Mac paintpot:) x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I only have Painterly, but I love it so much that I want to go out and get Vintage Selection, and Bare Study as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So shimmery and pretty. I love Paint Pots so much x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty colour and a really nice shimmer. Great post xxx
    Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty colour, I love to use cream shadows as a base for my powder shadows x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. The hairdryer tip is such a good one - will definitely remember that!

    Isabella (@isabellamaria88)
    http://love-and-wardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo