September Beauty Favourites


This month, I've tended to stick to a few core products. I've recently spoken about some of my September favourites, such as the Sleek vintage romance palette but there are a few others that deserve some love.
First up is the NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder. I prefer this to Rimmel Stay Matte as it doesn't look as cakey, you can touch up on the go and your makeup looks refreshed and shine free. It leaves my skin shine free for a few hours, I'm still looking for a better powder in terms of oil control but generally the NYC once is my go to for during the day.
Next, I've been loving The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter. Not only does it smell lovely buts it makes my skin feel really soft and doesn't leave any greasy residue behind. Perfect. On my nails, I've been using Essie Merino Cool - officially described as a purple grey but I find it leans brown on my skin tone. Its perfect for Autumn as its not too dark. The consistency is good too and only requires two coats to be fully opaque.
I haven't been wearing masses of eye makeup this month. For daytime, I've been keeping it simple and wearing MAC's paint pot in vintage selection - reviewed here. It's effortless to apply and adds a nice wash of metallic colour over the lids without looking too 'full on'. Finally, I've ditched my higher end mascaras in favour of Max Factor's Masterpiece Max Mascara*. I'm really surprised by how well this works on my lashes, its adds length, volume and definition without clumping or wearing off throughout the day. I have the shade black/brown which is also a nice alternative to black and it looks slightly more natural too!


11 comments

  1. I'm also a fan of Max Factor Masterpiece. I'd love to try the cleansing butter, I'm a bit obsessed with trying new cleansers!
    http://lemonadebudget.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read that the Soap and Glory One Heck Of A Blot is supposed to be quite a good setting powder :) I really want to try the new Camomile range from The Body Shop.

    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you use the Cleansing butter, I was looking at it yesterday but wasn't sure what it was x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Merino Cool so much! Such a beautiful color!

    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely choices! I love Merino Cool. I tend to gravitate towards that type of colour in autumn as well (I have Essie Ladylike for my favourite fall colour). It's currently Spring in Australia :) I'm looking forward to trying out the Chamomile line in The Body Shop too!

    Kate Xx
    themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the essie polish too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nyc post! Thanks for sharing :)

    http://afsanablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I really want to try a product from the Camomile range in The Body Shop! Also that shade from Essie is gorgeous :)

    http://www.blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am also loving the cleansing butter by The Body Shop! It cleanses really well :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the Merino Cool nail polish and also love it :)

    http://mathilda2710.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Essie Merino Cool looks like the perfect shade for Autumn! x

    Abbie | Dainty Little Dreams

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo