Skincare 'Fixers'


Since starting a blog, I've spent more time reading up on skincare and looking at skincare products. In the past, I wasn't too fussed but as I'm getting older I want to make my skin look the best it possibly can on my budget. The Monu Warming Aromatic Mask is a product I use to firm and plump my skin. This is a clay based mask that warms the skin on application. Key ingredients include clay, beeswax, coconut and lavender oils. It washes off easily and leaves my skin looking radiant, smooth and soft.
For deep cleansing and unclogging pores, I really like Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque - a thick clay mask that really helps to balance oily/combination skin. This was my skin saviour in July, when the weather was extremely warm. My skin becomes really oily in hot weather but this mask really helped to keep the oil under control and my skin clear. Now the weather is becoming cooler, I'm using the Una Brennan Tea Flower Deep Clean Pore Purifying Clay Mask. The texture is thinner than Mint Jelep and you don't need to leave it on your skin as long so this is a much better option for normal/combination skin types. It leaves my skin feeling clean, clear and refreshed. Generally, I only use one of these masks once/twice a week as I don't want to dry my skin out.
If my skin is looking quite dull or its the morning after a night out, I'll use the Liz Earle Brightening Treatment Mask. The texture is that of a thin clay mask but you only need to leave this on the skin for 2-3 minutes to see a result. It has a herbal scent and includes ingredients, such as aloe vera, sweet almond oil and witch hazel water to smooth and tone the skin. When you apply this it does tingle slightly, it isn't recommended for sensitive skin either. I consider my skin to be borderline sensitive but I haven't experienced any problems. It leaves my skin looking brighter and more radiant so its nice to have as a skin 'booster'.

Have you tried any of these?
What are your favourite skincare masks?


7 comments

  1. I love the una brennan mask! It is my go to mask! Really helps with breakouts!


    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've being using the Una Brennan Clay Mask too, I think it is really good :) I can see a difference when I use it.

    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that clay mask, I use it whenever I have a breakout :)

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Liz Early Brightening Cleanser sounds like such a treat and I'd probably use it like you do after a night out. My skin always decides to feel extra disgusting after those. My skin is a bit sensitive though, so I don't know if it'll be too great for me - but it's worth a try so I've added it to my little wishlist :D

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use a Liz Earl facemask and I really like it, although it smells pretty gross :) xx

    Essie | The Li'l Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound awesome, i havent tried any of them :( and i dont have a favourite 'fixer' but my favourite all rounder is the bodyshop warming one.

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so want to try the una brennan mask every blogger loves this
    Used the queen helene mask in the past but hard to get hold of in uk
    Bit scared of trying liz's brightening mask but have her deep cleansing mask have youu tried that

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo