The Hit or Miss List #2


I seem to have been using quite a lot of beauty products lately. Sometimes I go through phases where I stick to the same things, but I've bought a few new things, some great and some that are underwhelming.

HIT
Boots Extracts Cocoa Butter Body Butter - £8
I've mentioned the cocoa butter body scrub in the past as its possibly my all time favourite body exfoliator. The body butter is just as incredible. Firstly it smells delicious. I like the scent of cocoa butter anyway but this just seems to smell that bit more intense. Its really hydrating too and leaves my skin feeling like silk, even more so if I use it in combination with the scrub. It takes a while to sink in but I really don't mind as my skin seems to love it so much.

MISS
Max Factor Wild Mega Volume Mascara - £6.99
Now I did buy this as I was going through a neon phase at the time and the packaging drew me in. To be fair its not a terrible mascara. I do struggle to find good affordable mascaras, my lashes lack any volume or length so I have high expectations. This mascara promises 3X volume of bare lashes. I really don't think it adds much volume to my lashes but it lengthens them slightly. Its not the worst mascara I've ever used but I've tried much better so its not one I will repurchase.

MISS
Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio - £7.99
This is another product that isn't terrible but more frustrating really. I like the idea of co-ordinating shades in a palette, it makes it much easier to put a look together. I have the bourjois trio in gris dandy*, whilst the shades are really nice, the pigmentation isn't brilliant. With the baked formula, you need to scrape the top layer for better pigmentation and colour payoff, which isn't really something you should have to do. With bourjois, I favour their other products over their shadows and baked blushes as I just feel that there are better formulations out there for around the same price.

HIT
Bdellium Tools Amazon Exclusive Precision Kabuki Brush - £6.36
I'm always looking on Amazon at the latest beauty products and this brush caught my eye. Bdellium tools is a brand I'd heard of before but this was my first purchase, which is exclusive to Amazon. For a kabuki brush this is really affordable and a great tool to have for applying foundation. The brush itself feels soft but dense, it buffs in product really well and doesn't shed any hairs. An all round great buy!

HIT
Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright Fade To Bright - £29.99 (currently £19.99)
My current obsession with skincare means I've been splurging on a few items. Pepta-bright is a brightening treatment aiming to even skin tone, restore radiance and treat dark spots. As I'm about to tuns 30 in a few months, one of my main skin care aims is to restore luminosity to my skin. My main reason for loving pepta bright is that not only does it make my skin look more smoother and radiant but the product itself feels very light. The texture is a cross between a light moisturiser and serum, it sinks in immediately without my making my skin feel oily. I use pepta-bright inbetween toner and my moisturiser. I've noticed that my skin looks less luminous on days when I don't use pepta-bright so even though I don't consider this to be a cheap product its been worth purchasing as I've really noticed a difference.


Have you tried any of these products?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest

12 comments

  1. Ohh, I have the Boots Cocoa body butter and scrub but haven't used them yet so I'll be digging them out tomorrow, thanks! I use the shower gel from the range right now and love it! It smells incredible and it's so moisturising.
    Sam xx
    A Model In London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try the shower gel!Its an incredible range xx

      Delete
  2. the purple kabuki brush looks gorgeous :)

    from isabela at fusels.com | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Boots Body Butters, so nourishing! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post - glad to see the Pepta Bright was a hit! I am desperate to try this & have heard great things. Waiting until Boots has a 3 for 2 on! Love a bargain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely noticed a difference using it xx

      Delete
  5. i bougth some bdellium brushes from IMATS and i have to say that though they were not pricey they still were a bit subpar for me. the bristles frayed and one became a little water logged after washing. :(
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thats a shame. I've not used any other ones from their range as yet so I'l have to have a think before I buy xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo