The New Mascara: Avon Mega Effects


I'm always intrigued when I spy a new release or something that looks a little different from the norm. 
Enter Avons new mega effects mascara with 'wonderbrush'. Instead of the usual mascara brush, Mega Effects has a comb applicator aiming to provide dramatic definition and volume. To apply, you have to 'wiggle' the handled brush from the tube and the angle of the brush can be moved to how you desire. It takes a while to get used to, think of your typical paint brush and that's basically what it reminds you of.
I have to take my time during application as I fear it would your take my eye out!A little dramatic haha but its best to be careful.
The main difference between this brush concept and your regular brush is its much easier to apply at the root of your lashes, which means that its also very easy to smudge mascara onto your eyelid - I've found this happen more than once!
I think its an interesting concept but on my lashes the results aren't so great - the formula itself is too wet for my liking and the volume/lengthening isn't as good as my regular mascara. Its not terrible by any means but I find it a pretty average mascara so its not one I would repurchase!


8 comments

  1. I have never been a fan of Avon mascara, they just never do the job but I must admit I was intrigued by this. I think I would be way to scared to use it, I probably would take my eye! Shame you didn't get on with it, but can't say I am surprised. Think I'll give this one a miss!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like some of Avon's products, but mascaras isn't one of them, and I was a bit scared of the brush to be honest.. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to do a double take when I saw these pictures, it's an odd idea! I always think 'if it's not broke, don't fix it' when it comes to mascara - an old fashioned mascara brush always has the best results :)

    xxx

    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brush is insane haha i love the idea of it but im not to sure how well this would work you know?

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The formula looks very wet and I'm glad your saying it is, I love different mascaras but it wouldnt like to spend ten pounds on that :(

    x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this looks so interesting! I'd definitely purchase it for the wand/paint brush alone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard nothing but bad things about this mascara, I think the concept was good but its just a terrible idea because of the way you use it ahha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want this! I don't think it looks great or am expecting amazing results but it just looks so crazy I need to try it!!

    www.helloterrilowe.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo