A Flush of Colour: Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush in Spicey



I think I've said before on here that I'm a massive fan of blush. I love discovering new blushes and one recent addition has been a watercolour blush by Daniel Sandler. I'm familiar with Daniels brand although I haven't tried anything before this product. I've heard quite a lot about the watercolour blushes as I know they're generally well regarded within the beauty world but the watercolour texture is completely new to me. As the name suggests, watercolour blushes are a liquid texture that need to be shook well before use to avoid the blush 'separating' in the bottle. To apply, I find it works best pouring the liquid onto the back of the hand and then dipping your brush into it. This avoids getting too much blush onto your brush as it literally does pour out from the bottle. 
With this type of blush, I find it best to use a really good brush (I've been using real techniques buffing brush!) as it can look patchy during application with the wrong brush. The shade I have is spicey, which is a shimmery terracotta. The shimmer is really subtle which leaves a lovely glow on the skin. As its quite sheer, this is the type of blush that you could build up or layer another blush over the top. I've used a matte blush over the top and the shimmer still comes through. On the whole, this is a really pretty, long wearing blush for a natural flush. I love the packaging, its so cute and the squeezy style bottle is ideal for this type of blush. There are several shades of watercolor blush available but I think spicey is a shade that would suit the majority of skin tones!

5 comments

  1. I've had my eye on this product for a while and I think I might have to just get it! This shade looks beautiful :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soooo pretty!
    I guess the concept of the product and consistency is similar to MAC's F&B ^_^
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very light but it's such a pretty color x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful colour, I love it! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, I would like to try this type of blush, it looks lovely.
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo