E.L.F Mineral Must Haves!


Recently I was given the chance to try a few items from E.L.F's mineral range. I've tried a few products from E.L.F in the past and truth be told I've found the brand hit and miss but as with any brand/product I keep an open mind.


Eyeshadow primer is a staple in my makeup bag. The E.L.F Mineral Shadow Primer £3 is a nude coloured primer formulated without parabens, preservatives or chemical dyes. I've used this is the past and it was one of my favourite primers so I hoped I would still like it this time around. Packaging wise, its housed in a 'lipgloss style' tube. I don't mind the packaging apart from that you cant see how much is left in the tube but application wise the wand makes it easy to dot on the lids and blend.
I suffer from oily eyelids and with this primer any shadow I use stays put throughout the day. It dries quickly, doesn't feel tacky and leaves my shadow looking crease free. I prefer using this primer to more expensive versions. Too faceds primer doesn't work on my lids and Urban Decay Primer Potion leaves my shadow looking dry. For £3 E.L.F's mineral primer is definitely worth a purchase, especially if you suffer from oiliness or if you want your shadow to stay put for longer!


When it comes to eyeshadow, I love anything across the neutral spectrum. E.L.F Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow £3.50 in What's Your Name is a taupe/mauve. It feels silky smooth with good pigmentation, it's easy to blend and apply. What's Your Name looks like it has subtle shimmer in the pan but applied, its more of a matte finish and any shimmer is hard to detect. I found this shade started to fade slightly towards the end of the day but nothing too bad and the shade is a beaute.


E.L.F Mineral Shadow in Confident £3 is a loose powder shadow in a shimmery mid brown taupe shade. E.L.F loose mineral shadows are 100% mineral based with no parabens, preservatives or chemical dyes. Confident feels soft, has good pigmentation and can be used wet or dry. I find theres less fall out when used wet and the shade is slightly more intense. To use, I tip a little in the lid, swirl my brush around, tap off any excess powder on the side of the lid and apply. Worn over a primer, this lasts throughout the day. I highly recommend this shadow if you love shimmery shades as Confident looks beautiful and is a steal at £3!


For dark shadows around the eyes, E.L.F's Mineral Eye Brightener £3.50 aims to perk up tired eyes and brighten and revitalise. The Mineral Eye Brightener is a yellow toned powder. It looks quite dark in the container but applies much lighter. The first thing I noticed was how well it blends into my skin. I'm incredibly pale and it blends seamlessly into my skin and hides any discolouration. Under my eyes, I do find it looks slightly dry after a few hours. My tip is to mix it with a little moisturiser as my under eye area is on the dry side so it stops it looking powdery or chalky. I've also been using this under my nose and other areas where I have some redness and it works perfectly!


primer/whats your name/confident/eye brightener (swatched heavily)

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with these items from the mineral range. I'll definitely be looking into a few other E.L.F products so let me know if you have any suggestions/recommendations!



5 comments

  1. I think I'd like to try their mineral primer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the e.l.f primer, and especially their brushes!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to get the elf eyeshadow primer. I don't own it yet and so many people talk about how amazing it is. This blog post confirmed it and now I will pick one up. Thanks!

    Kristina | Beauty With Compassion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its awesome love it i will try this elf mineral range <3 it Thanks sweets for sharing :)
    http://afsanablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh confident looks SO beautiful and shimmery <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo