October Beauty Favourites


Its been a varied month beauty wise. A mix of new and old have come into play with a few surprising products thrown in.
I finally decided to invest in a good hair brush with the Michel Mercier Detangling Brush being my choice. I actually bought the kids version as its slightly cheaper yet still a good sized brush and does exactly the same job. It's become an essential as it detangles without tugging or damaging the hair. I have the version for thick hair which I guess would be comparable to the tangle teezer except I find it easier to use due to the handle, its a really good brush and worth shelling out for. I've also been using the Vo5 smoothly does it tame and shine spray. I usually spritz a little of this on before blow drying as it contains heat protection. Its really light, not-sticky and leaves my hair looking naturally glossy!
Makeup wise, I've been switching between a few items this month but my favourites have been MAC's extra dimension skinfinish in superb for a gorgeous glow, the appropriately named NYX lipstick in pumpkin pie; a dupe for MAC's shy girl which I reviewed here and sugarpills subterranean shadow (mentioned in this post).
Blush wise, I've returned to Bobbi Brown (totally off topic but I always write boobi brown  - thank god for spell check!) blush in nude peach; a soft peach with subtle shimmer. Pigmentation wise its not the best I've used but I adore the shade and satin finish.


Other products I've been enjoying are Ren Gentle Cleansing Milk and Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm. These are only travel size versions but I would definitely buy full size. Ren's gentle cleansing milk is the perfect morning cleanser as its so light, non greasy and cleanses whilst refreshing. The elemis pro collagen cleansing balm is possibly my all time favourite balm cleanser. Well I say that but my tastes change frequently. However, the elemis balm not only smells amazing but leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth, I immediately notice a difference. It is an oily balm but I haven't experienced any breakouts or extra oiliness *touch wood* so far so good.
Not really beauty as such but a product I've really loved using this month is the luxury organic candle c/o Neom.  Neom candles are made using vegetable wax and pure essential oils and can be used as holistic treatments. The luxury candle contains lavender, jasmine and brazilian rosewood creating a relaxing ambiance. It has three wicks and can burn for up to 50 hours, a hell of a lot longer than your standard candle. I adore burning candles at this time of year, the neom ones are really lovely and luxurious and perfect for evening!

What products have you enjoyed using this month?

4 comments

  1. I also love the REN mini skincare travel thing, the moisturiser has worked wonders but i'm not sure if i'd purchase the full size because the Oilatum one from boots is just as good,
    the cleanser however is amazing! so light - totally agree with you ^_^
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need a detangler brusg, it was never an issue before but since I've been growing my hair all is not good, i think I'm gonna be bald if I carry on, anywho, I like the look of this one :)

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm definitely gonna have to check out that nyx dupe!

    love Katy @ THE RAWRDROBE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol boobi haha! But that blush color is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo