Winter Skincare Prep!


I quite like this time of year, even if the weather is terrible. Dark evenings are no good for taking photos - my photos are so poopy, maybe its time to invest in some lighting?hmm. 
With winter on the horizon, its also time I begin to prepare my skin - moisturise, moisturise, moisturise is my motto. Even my face which is generally oily still gets dehydrated so I definitely need a few good products and I've think I've found a few!
I have a bit of a thing for Soap & Glory Body products. The Righteous Body Butter is great for using all over the body. The floral fruity scent smells incredible and the texture of the moisturiser is really creamy. It soaks in super quick leaving scaly skin a thing of the past!
Not really a saviour for dry skin but I wanted to give a shout out to bath and body works hand gel. I bought a couple from ebay to pop in my various handbags. I'm something of a germaphobe so I always have to have hand sanitiser. The bath & body works ones are only 29ml each (the minis) but they come in so many fragrances. Vanilla cupcake smells so yummy!
For my face, I love using Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask. This is literary a 'wonder mask' - it hydrates, balances, softens, plumps and calms. Antipodes are a natural brand, meaning theres none of those 'bad ingredients' in their products. The Manuka Honey Mask is suitable for any skin type and its become one of my ultimate skin care products.
No skin care post on dry skin would be complete without a nod to lipbalm. In my case, I've been using the Nuxe reve de miel stick. It's slightly more expensive than your average lipbalm but I already had the pot version and wanted to purchase the stick to carry around with me. The stick has a lighter formulation than the pot and isn't quite as nourishing but it smells really good and still keeps my lips feeling soft.

Let me know if you have any favourites for dry skin or if you've given any of these a try?

7 comments

  1. The manuka honey mask is on my wish list and has been for a rather long time now, it sounds perfect :)
    I'm using the righteous body butter at the moment, I have about two weeks worth left I think.
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of that mask! I'll definitely keep a look out for it when my current mask runs out
    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That B&BW Vanilla Cupcake one is my favourite I bought a few home with me from America & I have one left. I've been using it sparingly. Smells so sweet & yummy
    I want to try that manuka honey mask so bad - its been on my wish list for ages.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That soap and glory stuff sounds great! I might have to try it! My skin gets so dry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Nuxe Reve de Miel in the pot maybe it's time I invest in the travel friendly stick too!
    Lately I've been loving the Clarins Blue Lotus face oil.
    Amazing picks!
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. That face mask sounds great! I think ill be picking it up, I usually have oily skin but this time of year my skin gets a little dehydrated and close to dry!

    gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really want to get my hands on the antipodes mask!

    Ellen // A little bit Unique // Facebook // Bloglovin // Instagram




    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo