A Deborah Lippmann Bargain


I don't usually have much luck when it comes to finding bargains in store. I usually prefer to shop online as its much easier but after spying a few other beauty bargains that bloggers had found in tk maxx I decided it was time to search my local store. On my first visit, I found nothing that spiked my interest but I decided to have another browse last week after fee at makeupsavvy blogged about her bargain deborah lippmann find.
Luckily, I managed to find a trio of polishes for just £8 - a massive steal when you consider that they retail for £14-£17.
The three shades are all full size and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them bar the boxes were missing so they came in a clear plastic bag. The shades I received are before he cheats - a soft pink creme. This is the disappointing shade of the three. It applies streaky and patchy and needs at least three coats before its anywhere near opaque. I might see if it will work under a glitter top coat but on its own its a let down.
The second shade is billionaire - a very dark green creme. This is such a great vampy shade as it looks almost black in certain light. The formula is also good, it dries quick and needs between 2-3 coats.
The final shade is happy birthday - a multi-sized, multi-coloured glitter in a clear base. This polish was the reason I purchased this set as I've been after this for a while and it doesn't disappoint. It doesn't feel gritty and is a beautiful topcoat - I'll show a few combinations soon!
I'm really happy with my bargain find even though before he cheats is a dud. I also managed to pick up a face mask and spotted some emma hardie products and fragrance sets.

Have you ever found any TKmaxx bargains?


12 comments

  1. Love the before he cheats shade, its a pity it applies streaky, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all three shades :) Unfortunately we don't have a TKmaxx in our country,neither Deborah Lippmann polishes...

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - now thats a bargain. All the shades are amazing. What a great find x
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of the Billionaire shade! I have found a few Tkmaxx bargains actually, they often do Opi nail varnishes for great prices! These polishes sound like a great buy, thanks for sharing :)
    Chloe xo
    www.chloetheredhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tj maxx and Marshall's are my two fav beauty bargin spots! Come shopping with me I'll teach you all the best bargin tricks :)
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Major bargain wow! Love Happy Birthday looks like Christmas in a bottle!

    http://cassandramyee.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got three for £12 and another three for £5 last week. Perfect stocking fillers and I'm a sucker for packaging!

    Imogen's Typewriter. <3 

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the billionaire shade! it's vampy and great
    http://casualllyawkward.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  9. Before he cheats is my favorite shade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shade, and such a good price

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo