An Oily Skin Base Duo


Two of my all time favourite base products for my oily skin are Revlon's colorstay foundation and collection lasting perfection concealer. These are a duo I've constantly repurchased due to their incredible staying power. If you've got a long day ahead the last thing you need to start worrying about is reapplying your makeup so lasting power is key for me. Revlon colorstay in ivory is a perfect shade match for my skin tone. Its one of few bases that I find long wearing and not too heavy. I'd say coverage is light to medium - It covers small blemishes but I usually need concealer on any imperfections and redness. The texture isn't runny or too thick, I have to apply with my fingers rather than a brush as it dries really fast so its slightly harder to blend than other foundations. Also the glass bottle has no pump which isn't ideal. Still, I like the finish - matte but still with a little radiance and as I've already mentioned, great staying power.

Concealer wise, Collection lasting perfection is a great budget buy. Its hyped up within the beauty blogging world but I really do rate it and it feels much more expensive than what it is. It blends really well and again the lightest shade is a great colour match for me. I find it too heavy to use under my eyes but its perfect for imperfections. I think I'll continue to repurchase these two as they're really affordable. I managed to get my current duo with my boots points and on 3 for 2!

Have you tried either of these?


7 comments

  1. I love the Collection concealer so much, it's such a bargain!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the revlon foundation until it gave me the worst break out ever :(! I was gutted because other than that it was perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use those exact products in those exact shades haha :) bought them in London in the summer, I've already used the concealer, and I can't get either of them here :( great post btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried these products but hear they are both amazing. I need a new foundation so i will be picking up this foundation this week.

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the concealer but not picked up the foundation yet, keep going to but they never have my shade xx

    makeupbykeira.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to try the Revlon colorstay for a while as I keep hearing so many good things about it!

    http://cassandramyee.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Revlon foundation is one of my all time favourites:) x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo