Autumn Hues | A Nail Round Up


This autumn I'm favouring richer tones when it comes to nail polish. A combination of purple and reds have been gracing my nails recently. My current favourites include

From left to right above;

1. China Glaze Rendezvous With You
From the Autumn 2013 collection, my swatch does not do this polish any justice at all. Its far prettier in real life!Rendezvous with you is a dark purple with silver flecks in a foil finish. Its a beautiful shade and only needs one coat to be fully opaque.

2. Technic Mad Alice
This is a polish that looks pretty but is a pain to apply as it needs so many coats to be opaque. It definitely works better layered over another polish. Mad about alice is a sheer purple with multi-coloured glitter. On the plus side the glitter isn't too chunky!

3. Essie Merino Cool
A slightly more muted shade in comparison, merino cool is officially described as a mulberry purple. Its really wearable for cooler skin tones and has a great formula. This is one of my all time favourite polishes.

4.  Barry M Red Black*
Red black is a vampish dark red jelly that's super glossy. Formula wise this needs 2-3 coats to be fully opaque.

5.  Barry M Raspberry*
Raspberry is a lovely berry red that reminds me of classic Hollywood. It's not a particularly unique shade buts its highly wearable and one of those staple shades that every nail polish lover should own.

What are your favourite shades for Autumn?

11 comments

  1. I love the glitter shade although I know what you mean about having to apply lots of layers which can be a bit of a pain. Also like the look of the Eddie shade and raspberry by barrybm that has been on my wish list for ages. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essie Merino Cool is lovely. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Essie, but I'll have to give this one a go x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your picks, i absolutely adore the technic glitters!

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful colors. I love merino cool. and red black looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute picks.
    Marino Cool is a great colour!
    That Barry M Raspberry looks gorgeous, I really wish we could get these in Canada!
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merino cool looks like a really beautiful, unique shade!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOvely colours - I like the look of the Technic Mad Alice colour. I adore purples.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Barry M Mushroom for Autumn - such a gorgeous shade! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shades *-* My favourite is Technic Mad Alice :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo