Best of November 2013: Beauty Edition


Time goes so quickly,I cant believe its almost the end of another year!This November has been a mixed bag beauty wise with mainly a few old favourites coming to the forefront again.


Skincare and hair wise, I've really been impressed with Boots own brand dry shampoo in paradise island. I would actually go as far as saying this is much nicer than batiste as I love the tropical scent and find it sprays more evenly over the hair. Granted, its not colourless so it does need rubbing in but it leaves my roots feeling refreshed and absorbs excess oil. Its currently only £1.50 so definitely purse friendly!
Nuxe melting cleansing gel has become my morning staple. Its a lovely rose scented cleanser that's a cross between a milk and gel. Its so gentle to use and doesn't dry skin out. I only use a pea sized amount and wash off with warm water, it leaves my skin revived and refreshed, which is exactly how you want your skin to feel first thing in a morning. For moisturiser, I've really enjoyed using the blissful daily moisturiser by Organic Surge. I love that its creamy and hydrating without feeling too heavy on the skin. It soaks in straight away without leaving any greasy residue so its perfect for combination or oily skin types.


My daily makeup picks have been the miracle matte loose powder by seventeen - reviewed here. It keeps my base makeup looking fresh and shine free for several hours, the price is also really good too.
For eyes, I've been reaching for the naked basics palette by urban decay. I love a neutral eye as its so wearable. Urban decay shadows are amazing quality - longwearing, pigmented and don't crease. I especially like wearing venus, a shimmery white.


Another shadow that I've been reaching for is burberry pale barley - review and swatched here. Pale barley is a shimmery light gold/taupe and is just stunning. Its easily the most pigmented, softest and smoothest shadow I own and one I've been using a lot recently. Lips wise, I haven't really worn much but I do like to wear a slick of gloss every now and then with the Laura mercier lip glaces being one of my favourite. I love 'platinum' as it adds a little subtle shimmer to the lips, making them look plumper. It isn't really a long wearing shade but it feels hydrating and has a really smooth texture.


For cheeks, I've been wearing chanel creme blush in inspiration - reviewed here. Inspiration is a beautiful blue toned pink with an incredible texture. I become more fond of this blush, the more I wear it. Its such an easy shade for pale skin like mine to wear and has the softest feel to it.
Another blush I've been wearing a lot in the last month is hervana by benefit. This is one of my favourite blushes as it really brightens the whole complexion. The combination of four shades blends together for a satin soft pink flush. Like chanel inspiration, hervana is a really easy shade for pale skin to wear, although I'm not overwhelmed by the packaging.

3 comments

  1. I've just bought the Naked basics palette and agree that it's good. Carly. X
    Carly's Beauty World

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Laura Mercier gloss looks so lovely! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chanel is one of my favorite brands, but I also love the nuxe and the lovely products on the pictures..
    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo