Cream Shadows


Once upon a time I used to avoid cream eyeshadows. Having oily eyelids, I tended to stick to powder and hope that it would stay put. That was until I discovered primer and realised cream formulations were worth a shot.
With a primer, my favourite cream shadows stay put and I don't have to worry about reapplying my makeup anymore. For those without oily skin, a primer really isn't necessary, these cream shadows wont fade or crease and will last throughout the day. My favourites are MAC's Vintage selection paint pot - reviewed here, which is a beautiful metallic champagne beige. Its suitable for wearing during the day, which is when I tend to wear it as its so quick and easy to apply. Another favourite of mine is Benefits creaseless cream in skinny jeans. Skinny jeans is pewter shade with slight metallic shimmer. I'd say the creaseless cream is a slightly thinner texture than MAC paint pot and has a little more slip. Paint pots tend to dry quicker but both are long wearing. 
For a budget buy, I love maybelline colour tattoos. I like on and on bronze - swatched here and metallic pomegranate, both of which are longwearing like their higher priced rivals. Cream shadows can also alternate as liners though I haven't tried that yet with these. There's still a few other cream shadows I'm after, notably maybelline permanent taupe and benefit creaseless cream in no pressure!

What are your favourite cream eyeshadows?


15 comments

  1. my favorite cream shadows are by maybelline (bad to the bronze and tough as taupe) and benefit(stiletto and sippin' n dippin')<3

    http://andreabrucelo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried cream shadows, but I've heard such great things about them! Especially want to try the Maybelline ones (:

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Benefit creaseless cream shadows, Skinny Jeans looks so pretty! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved the Maybelline Color Tattoos and thought they were unbeatable. However, a few days ago I picked up one of the new Bourjois ones and I can't believe how amazing it is! x

    Lola and Behold

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really want to try the Maybelline Color Tattoos - I'm still right down the bottom with one of the Calvin Klein cream eyeshadows from Poundland!! It's probably years old to be honest haha x

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the old and new Benefit eye shadows, the colours are amazing and the maybelline ones are an amazing dupe! x

    Roxanne | Sweet Style Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with on and on bronze, I really want to try metallic pomegranate!

    ciarapocket.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Maybelline Colour Tattoo and keep meaning to try the new Bourjois offering too. I love the colour of this Mac paint pot though, looks so versatile

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these so much, unfortunately my eyelids are a bit too greasy to use them alone but they make a great base for shadows for me.

    MyLushBox

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the maybelline colour tattoos, so affordable!

    love Katy @ THE RAWRDROBE

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have really been getting into Cream Shadows this year & really like how long wearing they are. I have a few Mac ones & a couple from Maybelline. The Benefit one looks pretty
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just got into cream eyeshadows love them!

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. So funny, was just thinking about writing a post about this as I did my makeup this morning. I seriously reach for them everyday...base or as my full makeup look. LOVE! My favourite is MAC Eclair. Amazing for a simple smoky eye!

    elliesvanitytable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the maybelline shadows, but I have a few of the benefit and for being so much more expensive, they aren't anything overly special

    Ellen // A little bit Unique // Facebook // Bloglovin // Instagram




    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always wanted to try the Benefit cream eye-shadows, Skinny Jeans looks gorgeous! x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo