HTML Tips: How To Add A Background To The Sidebar


Continuing with my html tips & tricks series, I'm going to talk about the sidebar again. Previously, I've talked about styling the sidebar here but today I wanted to mention the background of the sidebar.

It's super easy to add a background to the sidebar. It's worth keeping in mind that you may want to use a background that compliments your blog template. Once you've found your background, you need to upload it to an image hosting site, such as photobucket. Once, you've uploaded your image, keep the page tab open and log into your blogger account. Go to template - customise - advanced - add css

Now copy and paste the following code in the add css box

.sidebar {
background: url(link to your background) repeat;
}

In the yellow, add the direct link to your background image (you'll find this on your image sharing site)


Your background will now appear on your blog!


I hope this was helpful!Let me know if you give it a go.


7 comments

  1. Really useful! Thank you! I always spend hours on how to do 'techy' things. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou glad it was helpful x

      Delete
  2. This unfortunately won't work on my blog. Nor will others from your html series. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats a shame,are you using a blogger template? - they all work for me when using the simple template x

      Delete
  3. Gosh I remember back in the day when i really wanted a background on my sidebar! I could never figure out the coding for it though. I never realised it was so easy!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so easy to make a few changes,if I can do it anyone can x

      Delete
  4. I love your html tips they are so simple to follow for non tech people like me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo