HTML Tips & Tricks: Removing Blogger Attribution


If you're using a standard blogger template, or perhaps even a customised template then you may have noticed the 'powered by blogger' attribution at the bottom of your blog.
Now, on the layout section in blogger you can edit this and add your own text alongside but there is no option to remove it. However, with a little change to your html template (its super easy!) you can remove it.

First, you need to go to the template section in blogger and edit html - before you start its a good idea to back up your template in case anything goes wrong!
Once you are in the html section of your blog, you need to find this code;

id='Attribution1' locked='true'

It should be near the bottom of your template.


Now you need to change the following in yellow;

id='Attribution1' locked='true'

to

id='Attribution1' locked='false'


Now save your template and go to the layout section of blogger


You should now see that the attribution widget has a grey line to the left - this means that the attribution box can be removed. Go into edit in the attribution box and you should see the remove button.
When you've removed the box, click save and you'll now see the 'powered by blogger' has disappeared from the bottom of your blog.
Sometimes, blogger doesn't behave as it should and refuses to save your layout after removing attribution - this as happened to me more than once. In this case, refresh your page or return to blogger later on. 


I hope this was helpful!

*you can view other tutuorials in my html tips & tricks series here*



6 comments

  1. Ahh, finally! I've been looking for one of these for so long, thank you for sharing!
    xx
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That was really useful and easy to do xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, this was so useful :) you should do more posts like this!

    Alice ¦ BeautyByAlicee ¦ YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the easy and helpful instructions!

    www.brasshoney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah thank you, I've just looked through some of your other HTML posts and they are so handy! I was wondering if you could do one telling us how to flatten the images on our blog? I really dislike the raised shadow background that naturally appears when I include pictures In my post.

    I hope you don't mind me asking! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this post! I just discovered your blog and it was really helfull!

    xoxo, Laila

    herplaceattheuniverse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo