Worth The Splurge #1


When it comes to splashing out on beauty, I like to do my research. I look on the net for reviews and swatches (temptalia is usually my go to for swatches) but now and again it only takes one blog post to persuade me to part with my money. There are a few products that I consider to be worth splashing out on. Blush wise, I really rate Illamasqua blushes. (I've swatched some here and here) They are highly pigmented - if you're fair, you need to be careful with application, the texture is really soft and they have great lasting power. Another blush, I really like is the Dior blush pink in love - reviewed here. Its long wearing, has a buildable colour and has subtle shimmer for a faux glow.
For lips, I love Dior Addict lipstick in Singuliere, a sheer barbie pink with blue undertones. Dior addict lipsticks are extremely hydrating and feel really comfortable to wear. The texture feels like a balm and doesn't highlight any dryness which is ideal for winter lips. When it comes to foundation, Estee Lauder's double wear light in one I've repurchased several times. If offers medium coverage but feels comfortable to wear. It lasts all day on my oily skin, minimises my pores and blends well. The lightest shade is slightly too dark for my skin tone, it would be great if there was a lighter shade but I manage to make it work.
To add a glow to my skin, I really like MAC's strobe cream which is essentially a highlighting moisturiser. It hydrates whilst adding radiance to the skin, it isn't greasy and can be used in differing ways. I like to mix it with my foundation or undereye concealer but it can also be used over makeup for a lovely glow.

What are your favourite higher end products?



10 comments

  1. Lovely ideas - I'm heading to a Dior event tomorrow so I'll be sure to have a look at these...watch out on londonkat.com for a blog post about the event! So excited :) Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I've followed you, can i get a follow back please? x

    www.pgsportal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to invest in one of those Dior lipsticks, I love the packaging!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lipstick looks so pretty - and you can never have to many Dior lipsticks can you :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a huge fan of dior and mac but like you I do alot to research before I go out spending lots of moeny. I recently bought a Christmas dior palette I love.

    Emily
    www.beautybyemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Illamasqua blushes are most definitely worth the splurge! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love Double Wear Light, my summer foundation time and time again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing post and amazing picks.
    I lovvee dior lipsticks but also have a huge soft spot for Chanel Coco Shines too.
    I don't get enough wear out of my Illamasqua blush
    , but this post has me excited take it out of my collection again.
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nars jungle red lipstick is a must for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree on Illamasqua blushes, haven't tried any other products though :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo