Area H20 Hair Challenge

This past two weeks, I've been taking part in the Area H20 haircare challenge and ditching my usual shampoo and conditioner in favour of the area H20 duo. Area H20 are designed to work with either soft, medium or hard water. Basically the difference in water type is determined by where you live.

I'm in Manchester so in a soft water area. I've been using the area H20 shampoo & conditioner designed for this and coloured hair. The duo works by combating the effects of mineral deposits from each water type. 
The science bit (I sound like a commercial): metal ions in water react with shampoo to form mineral deposits that cling to the hair. Area H20 shampoo acts like a magnet to attract the mineral ions, allowing you to wash them away more easily, resulting in all round healthier looking hair. Sounds clever huh?

So, after two weeks did my hair look any better? Well surprisingly yes!I say surprisingly because after reading the design behind it, I thought 'yeah, yeah, it sounds a bit gimmicky to me'. But I have to say, my hair looks more glossy and less birds nest. (see photo - cringe anyone else cringe at their own pic?)  My hair is a lot less static- less flyaway hairs and feels sleeker. My roots get oily quickly but it seems slightly more balanced since using the shampoo. Overall, I'm really happy with the results after two weeks!


4 comments

  1. Oooh, this sounds like an intriguing concept - I'm amazing it worked!

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, im so surprised x

      Delete
  2. These sounds really interesting concept, I've not heard of anything like this before. That's so good that you saw great results too!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo