Love Me Beauty Box December 2013


This months love me beauty box seems to have rolled around quickly again. With it being December I had high hopes for this box. With love me beauty you get to choose a box from a choice of three, so you can pick the one best suited to you.

In my box this month were

Lord & Berry Intensity Lipstick (full size £12)
I'll be honest when I saw the Lord & Berry products, I thought 'not again'. I'm not a massive fan of the brand having tried a few things in previous boxes but I can appreciate that they must have a good working relationship with love me beauty. Nevertheless, I gave this a try and the shade glazed pink (nude/lilac pink) isn't really a good match for my skintone. Though I'm sure it will look far better on others and it is a full size too!

Lord & Berry Kiss Proof Liner (full size £7.50)
The product list with the box says this shade is seduction but mine says romantica and from reviews I've read, I'm pretty much sure everyone got the same. Romantica is a beautiful mid pink with blue undertones. This liner feels really creamy and can be used on its own for a matte lip of with a gloss. The pencil doesn't twist up so it needs to be sharpened but other than that, this is a pretty good product.

Headline Colours Nail Polish in Quicksand (full size £9)
I'm only vaguely familiar with this brand but its always good to see a nail polish within a beauty box. Quicksand is a medium nude and I can see this suiting most skin tones. I love nudes and beiges so this is a welcome addition!

Matriskin Vitamin C Serum (deluxe sample size 7.5ml)
Matriskin is a brand I've discovered via love me beauty. I love their collagen serum which featured in a previous box. The full size of this vitamin c serum retails for £56 and is aimed at smoothing the complexion and fighting blemishes. I'm really looking forward to giving this a try. Hopefully I'll like it as much as the collagen serum.

Rodial Glamtox Night (deluxe sample size 15ml)
This is another pricey sample - the full size retails for £90!This aims to smooth the skin for a radiant and youthful glow. I given this a go and so far I really like it. I think it would also be quite good to use as a makeup base as it creates a matte finish. The full size is out of my price range but I can see myself using this sample up.

Overall, I think this months offering is pretty good. The lippy wasn't to my personal taste but I like the other products and I think love me beauty are still the most consistent beauty box out there. Hopefully they'll continue to grow and we'll see some other brands popping up next year!

If you're thinking of subscribing you can use the code LMBBB20 until the 20th January 2014.

Whats your favourite beauty box brand?


3 comments

  1. I love the packaging with this box and the contents always seem amazing!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liked this box, I love how consistent they are each month!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo