New Year Reds


Now we're in the post Christmas lull, I'm starting to think about new years eve. This year, I'm planning on keeping my base simple and adding a red twist. Red lips always looks elegant. My favourite red lipstick is rimmel's kate moss lippie in 110
110 is a pink toned red with a velvet finish. I like to wear a little balm underneath this to keep my lips moisturised but its comfortable to wear on its own. Another favourite of mine is MAC's ablaze lipstick, a limited edition orange toned red but MAC have some great reds, such as ruby woo and lady danger in their staple line. If I go with matching red nails, I'll be going with Orly's monroes red*, a bright red creme with blue undertones. I generally suit cooler tones so this polish is perfect, as well as having a good consistency.
Red eyeshadow isn't really something the majority of people can get away with but deeper tones are far more wearable. I like NYX rust* - similar to MAC's cranberry and Maybelline colour tattoo in pomegranate. These look really nice used in the crease or paired with a dark brown shade. I'd probably go with a nude pink lip with this eye look as red lips would look a little too full on.


34 comments

  1. I love reds especially this time of year and it is festive and pretty. Love that Orly nail polish the most!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. theyre so pretty arent they? x

      Delete
  2. I love the lipstick :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Maybelline Color Tattoos are awesome! I have yet to try pomegranate because I figured it might make my eyes look tired because it's so red- may have to get it after all :P.

    http://thecosmeticeffect.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use them as liners too if you just waned to use a little red on your eyes x

      Delete
  4. Red is one of my favorite colors to wear this time of the year :) Great post!

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try the rimmel kate moss red lipstick!
    http://casualllyawkward.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its great value for money x

      Delete
  6. The MAC lipstick looks amazing! I love Russian Red by MAC too :)
    xx
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they have some amazing shades x

      Delete
  7. I'm absolutely loving red lips at the moment, great for this time of year! x

    Alannah | www.alannahmargaret.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reds always look so classy x

      Delete
  8. Really want the moss lippie! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reds, lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both the lipsticks are such gorgeous shades! I always wear red around this time of year.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a lovely shade to wear x

      Delete
  11. NYX rust looks like a really different red eyeshadow, I find something about it really intriguing xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd describe it as a cranberry red - a little deeper than your average red shade x

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous picks !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pomegranate looks beautiful x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a real pretty shade x

      Delete
  14. NYE is the perfect time to rock red! The Orly polish is gorgeous, I find their polishes wear a very long time & apply so easily. The NYX Blush is pretty too
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. orly are great quality x

      Delete
  15. I love Kate Moss 107, it's my perfect christmas red.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got that on my wishlist x

      Delete
  16. I love the look of both lipsticks, especially the rimmel one!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The lipsticks are a beautiful shade x x

    http://fortheimperfectlyperfect.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo